website statistics
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

Great Britain National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020

May I suggest  GB would be wiser to spend it's sports money on increasing actual sport participation and provide sporting facilities for schools .

I have long been struck by how obese so many Brits of all ages are 

I know in Australia there was a big debate whether to spend money on elite performers or on mass participation especially junior sport .

Most people preferred subsidising junior sport and especially sports that people actually do -and prefer  ( few of which are the traditional mainstream Olympic sports )

I mean GB and winter sports !! Are there any ski resorts in the UK ? ( I've spent time in the UK and skiing was always a foreign holiday thing -not a serious sport )

Remember the Olympics are two weeks every four years 

Mind you just about everything in the UK is about looking after elites and always has been  ( and before you complain this is not uncommon in many places )

Sounds like a bread and circuses scheme to keep the lumpen proletariat sitting on their big arses  on their comfy sofas  eating and drinking watching  their betters on TV and jingo nationalism 

Meanwhile the UK is close to topping the death rate per capita of the corona virus . So many unhealthy people .

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A simple google search would show there are many ski resorts/courses in the Uk. Its serious enough of a sport, that it won the same amount of medals India won in Rio, an event with more than double th

no more to say about GB in Rio just mouth open and wathcing ! respect     PS. and a + for Quasit in leading the thread. great job

Apparently not, according to the official Team GB site: https://www.teamgb.com/news/final-four-sailors-selected-to-team-gb-for-rio-2016

2 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Not so much if you were you were a native or African American! Anyway judging by your current POTUS you guys seem to be quite keen on tyrants these days with the possible exception of Chinese ones. In any event have a great day and take care with the celebrations given current circumstances.

Oh believe me, I’m not a fan of anything currently going on my country. I’m not celebrating Independence Day this year. We don’t deserve to be celebrated at the moment.

I just wanted to troll the Brits :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, rajiv said:

May I suggest  GB would be wiser to spend it's sports money on increasing actual sport participation and provide sporting facilities for schools .

I have long been struck by how obese so many Brits of all ages are 

I know in Australia there was a big debate whether to spend money on elite performers or on mass participation especially junior sport .

Most people preferred subsidising junior sport and especially sports that people actually do -and prefer  ( few of which are the traditional mainstream Olympic sports )

I mean GB and winter sports !! Are there any ski resorts in the UK ? ( I've spent time in the UK and skiing was always a foreign holiday thing -not a serious sport )

Remember the Olympics are two weeks every four years 

Mind you just about everything in the UK is about looking after elites and always has been  ( and before you complain this is not uncommon in many places )

Sounds like a bread and circuses scheme to keep the lumpen proletariat sitting on their big arses  on their comfy sofas  eating and drinking watching  their betters on TV and jingo nationalism 

Meanwhile the UK is close to topping the death rate per capita of the corona virus . So many unhealthy people .

A simple google search would show there are many ski resorts/courses in the Uk. Its serious enough of a sport, that it won the same amount of medals India won in Rio, an event with more than double the events. I would focus on your country first, arguably the worst sporting nation, before commenting on others.