website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

Today Iran's deputy health minister finally admitted what we already knew, (but somehow didn't want to believe) that the number of daily deaths from coronavirus are almost twice the official tally. :cry: because of the low capacity of testing. the official number only shows people with positive coronavirus test.

already in the 3rd peak, records are being broken day after day. today was the highest with 279, per the line above you can read that as at least 500 deaths. :cry: and almost all hospitals in most of the country are in their maximum capacity. there is no light at the end of the tunnel, the economy is already in the worst possible situation, makes a complete lockdown impossible, some kind of loose quarantine is started again in dangerous places including my town.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

So according to the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Istria is the safest place on earth, COVID-wise. The only green oasis.

https://diplomatie.belgium.be/en

Not that surprising. They have 0-5 daily cases (from about 300 tests).

What about Palau or Tonga? :p 

in Italy the situation is not under control anymore...

today, 8800+ new positive tests (more than ever, not even in March/April we had so many cases, even if we must say that now we're breaking any record in terms of testing...today, more than 160,000) and 88 deceased people...

IC units are still relatively free, but "normal" hospital places are starting to get too busy...

unfortunately, no politician wants to take the only reasonable actions to slow things down (closing high schools and universities -and asking those students to go for online lessons- and office jobs -those who can work from home- so to avoid public transports to collapse and keep going with too many people using them)...

only the Campania region governor De Luca (a living legend) went against the National guidelines and shut schools down from tomorrow...

p.s. once again, Lombardy and Milan are the center of the infection, with the most daily cases recorded here (more than 1,000 a day in the last 3 days)...

I'm starting asking myself if we ever get old enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel...:cry:

p.p.s. in terms of Italian sport celebrities...today also Valentino Rossi and Federica Pellegrini announced that they tested positive for covid-19...:yikes: :facepalm:

It’s amazing how many people can’t follow simple preventive measures like:

- Wear a mask

- Wash your hands

- Social Distance

- limit your exposure to other people

The amount of people who are willing to risk the lives of others because they “need” to see a movie, or attend a sporting event, or go shopping with friends, or go to dinner with friends, or go on a vacation is sickening. 

I just want to be clear that I understand some people have to work in-person, or have a essential jobs. That is perfectly fine, and they should absolutely follow the same guidelines above to the best their ability. I understand that people have physical, mental, social needs. I’m not trying to disqualify those. There’s plenty of ways to fulfill those needs without putting the lives of others at risk. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8099 cases in :POL today and 91 deaths, with record number of tests around 64500 still isn't enough to "caught" all infected people and stop all of this. 

Due this extremely fast rise of new cases half of country from Saturday will be in "red zone" with many restrictions like limited number of people in public transport, shops, cinemas/museums, churches and other similar places, wedding, birthday parties and so on will be banned, sport events will be held without spectators, swimming pools, gyms and aquaparks will be closed. 

If cases will still rise then in next week probably "stay in home" order will return. 

Edit: Worthy to mention is also fact that online learning will return, but only for students from universities and high schools.

They could keep the current cinema rules forever, nobody on the two seats left, the two seats right and two seats diagonally in both sides and both back and front are kept empty as well. Masks on until you're at your seat, which as far as I can see is listened to well. Excellent. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

They could keep the current cinema rules forever, nobody on the two seats left, the two seats right and two seats diagonally in both sides and both back and front are kept empty as well. Masks on until you're at your seat, which as far as I can see is listened to well. Excellent. 

Or you could just start attending independent cinemas instead  :p

#banbestmen