website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

I'm still wondering whether the current situation (thousands of cases per day here, but rarely more than 10-15 deaths) is worse than that in March/April (fewer cases, but way more deaths and IC units getting full). With way more testing than back then, of course there's going to be way more positive tests as well, including for people with only minor symptoms or barely anything at all.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm still wondering whether the current situation (thousands of cases per day here, but rarely more than 10-15 deaths) is worse than that in March/April (fewer cases, but way more deaths and IC units getting full). With way more testing than back then, of course there's going to be way more positive tests as well, including for people with only minor symptoms or barely anything at all.

Nobody is really comparing the current situation with March/April. 1000 daily cases during quarantine is much, much different than 1000 cases without a quarantine.

Main concern is that testing has been pretty stable for the past couple of months or so. However, now we are witnessing daily records all over the place. Death rate seems to be climbing again, too...

#banbestmen

@dcro About records: 4280 cases and 76 deaths today in Poland, more than 1k cases than just yesterdey!!

Third day a row with very high number of deaths...

Today Ministry of Health announced that entire country will be in yellow zone which means for example masks will be mandatory everywhere and few red zones where will be same restrictions like in spring...

the situation is getting worse and worse very quickly also in Italy...

today we recorded 4458 new cases (780 more than yesterday with more or less the same number of tests...today's is the highest number since April...last week we never reached even 2000 new cases a day) and 22 deceased people...

we must say that we're also making a lot more tests day after day (except for the weekend)...today 128k tests were made...

imho, the biggest mistake was to open the schools again...no true data are available on how many of those cases are related to that, but I fear that spending many hours a day in closed (the unusual very cold weather of the last month or so doesn't help at all), small rooms (most schools only have that kind of places, 30/40square meters for 25/30 students...only the universities have bigger rooma for hundreds of students in each class) is an unnecessary danger...

not to mention all the people going to school/work with public transports...

I'm against a new lockdown (our already sick economy would be destroyed once and forever), but I think we're taking too many risks and trying to focus on things which actually are not so decisive to stop the spreading of covid around the Country...:nopompom:

Nearly 6000 cases here today, I believe that's a record. Not that weird considering the rules are way more loose than in March and especially April. Numbers of deaths are getting nowhere near the records.

Personally I'm still very happy working at home is such an easy thing in my job, it quite literally makes no difference if I'm working at home or at the office and so working at home is the way better option. I hope this stays on after the whole thing passes :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yesterday two teachers and one 19yo student in three different schools in three different cities dies due this virus :(

For now schools, workplaces and wedding parties are the biggest threats of possible outbreaks. Almost everyday we have records in both new cases and deaths...

I hope that sooner than later government will make some decisions and will somehow try stop spread this around whole country, especially that Prime Ministry itself is on quarantinne beacuse he had contact with infected person.