website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

McLaren Report has been published and it's bad, really bad. Not exactly increasing Russia's chances of competing in Rio. 

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/files/20160718_ip_report_final.pdf

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

McLaren Report has been published and it's bad, really bad. Not exactly increasing Russia's chances of competing in Rio. 

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/files/20160718_ip_report_final.pdf

After this report no Russian athletes should compete at the Rio Olympics, it is a disgrace what they have done to blatantly hide cheating athletes positive samples in order to show Russia as a sport superpower. 

If it was up to me Russia would not be allowed to compete at the next 3 Olympics until they majorly change their culture of doping

well, has anyone found any clear proves in the report? the only thing i found is witnesses' words. I mean yes, i also have feeling that russian sport is dirty, but there should be at least some photos, recordings, samples or something to make serious steps against russia

Edited by vovanA

Nothing new. McLaren just repeated the Rodchenkov's words. The most interesting phrase: We don't know how it was all done, but we know it could be done. Not been called any sport, any athlete. And of course, the most interesting paragraph of the report 3.5 The “Cocktail”. doping with alcohol (Chivas for the men 50 and Vermouth for the women).  Russian athletes is suicide :clap: