website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

If anyone is hoping to get on the US election, I’d tell you to go ahead and slap some money down on him right :(. I can’t even with the opposition. I mean it really shouldn’t be this hard to a) impeach the guy or b) beat him in the election. I have a feeling we’re about to go 0-2. I also have no clue who I’m supporting in the election. At this I might just go for Buttigieg because his the only who has good arguements, solid plans, and checks a diversity box. Plus, I like the guy. I like Warren, but she’s just not honest enough about her policies for me.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If anyone is hoping to get on the US election, I’d tell you to go ahead and slap some money down on him right :(. I can’t even with the opposition. I mean it really shouldn’t be this hard to a) impeach the guy or b) beat him in the election. I have a feeling we’re about to go 0-2. I also have no clue who I’m supporting in the election. At this I might just go for Buttigieg because his the only who has good arguements, solid plans, and checks a diversity box. Plus, I like the guy. I like Warren, but she’s just not honest enough about her policies for me.

I told you before the Dems in-fighting only helps Trump's cause. The endless debates are useless when the sitting POTUS runs for re-election and enjoys a head start already. If you're putting all your eggs in the impeachment basket then it's even worse.

Honesty is the last thing that matters in politics esp. in  a two-party system labelled as "democracy". It's always us vs them, it's the eternal battle for power and nothing else. You have no third choice and everyone knows it. The rich white old guys will come to the fore again. If you can't find the next Kennedy/Obama, you're fucked. Dems have only won the Presidential post-WWII elections (sans Truman still in the trauma years) with the same model - young, unproven but promising guys. Kennedy, Carter, Clinton and Obama all have the same in common. LBJ was so out of his league he didn't even run for the second term. He only got the war points like Truman but that proved to be a horrible choice. Dems ain't winning the elections with Biden or Warren let alone Sanders off a heart attack.

2 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Maybe I shouldn't say so, but he's about 50% correct - about half of our nation are racist pricks. Or "at least" xenophobic pricks. But that's only half.

That's what happens when 98% of the population is white :p We never liked the foreigners all that much to begin with even before the Muslim immigrants hoopla. Americans will never understand that, they're going the opposite way, in 20 years time most of their population will be black anyway.

Just now, intoronto said:

Today is the Federal Election in :CAN

Results should be known in 4-5 hours or so.

I remember this morning only yo totally forget about them until I saw this. Any exit polls you can share? That should tell me all I need to know

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I am not sure if anyone already mentioned this here, but I think there's a big chance that Budapest will lose the 2023 Athletics WCh now that the opposition won the local elections in Budapest, because they are against building new stadiums. Budapest currently doesn't have an athletics stadium and I am pretty sure they will stop the National Athletics Centre project with a referendum. Same goes for the new Handball arena for the 2022 Men's Handball ECh. With the result of this local election the number of top sport events will drop significantly in Budapest. 

22 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I am not sure if anyone already mentioned this here, but I think there's a big chance that Budapest will lose the 2023 Athletics WCh now that the opposition won the local elections in Budapest, because they are against building new stadiums. Budapest currently doesn't have an athletics stadium and I am pretty sure they will stop the National Athletics Centre project with a referendum. Same goes for the new Handball arena for the 2022 Men's Handball ECh. With the result of this local election the number of top sport events will drop significantly in Budapest. 

So the athletics wasn't supposed to be at Népstadion?

So far from the east:

Liberals have lost 8 seats

Conservatives have gained 6

Liberals are at 25, Conservatives at 6, NDP 1, Green, 1 

Live tracker for those interested:https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2019/results/

----

What I find interesting is German tv has a reporter that has followed the entire campaign trail, didn't know Canadian politics was this interesting lol :P