website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

57 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What do you guys do when studying for an exam, out of these two options?

1) The night before the exam, go to bed early enough to have an extra decent amount of sleep.

2) Sacrifice sleep in the night before the exam, and spend the extra time studying, with the drawback that you'll be tired come exam time.

Option 3 ("Make sure you've got all the studying done in time so this dilemma is not necessary anymore") is not an option :p 

Number 1 but with normal bedtime, in my case it is 22.00

56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

1) The night before the exam, go to bed early enough to have an extra decent amount of sleep.

2) Sacrifice sleep in the night before the exam, and spend the extra time studying, with the drawback that you'll be tired come exam time.

Option 3 ("Make sure you've got all the studying done in time so this dilemma is not necessary anymore") is not an option :p 

option 2, I remember so many exams I went to without sleeping a minute. but well I was 17-18 and not sleeping wasn't a problem for me. even for 2 nights in a row. I guess I can't do that anymore.

for example I didn't sleep last night (was on a deadline for my job and had to finish something, and also I wanted to watch the wrestling early in the morning) and I'm very tired now. still no sleep because I have things to do :d (and if you ask me why I'm answering to you while I have important things to do. because I'm on my PC to do my job and you need a break sometimes) :d

Just now, MHSN said:

option 2, I remember so many exams I went to without sleeping a minute. but well I was 17-18 and not sleeping wasn't a problem for me. even for 2 nights in a row. I guess I can't do that anymore.

for example I didn't sleep last night (was on a deadline for my job and had to finish something, and also I wanted to watch the wrestling early in the morning) and I'm very tired now. still no sleep because I have things to do :d (and if you ask me why I'm answering to you while I have important things to do. because I'm on my PC to do my job and you need a break sometimes) :d

Don’t waste your break time in answering this troll. Instead give us preview for tomorrow’s wrestling. 

hace 1 hora, heywoodu dijo:

Never in my life I've gone to a exam well slept. The most I managed was 5 hours I think. 

Just now, Dolby said:

Don’t waste your break time in answering this troll. Instead give us preview for tomorrow’s wrestling. 

technically this is not a "break time" :d I run a simulation and it takes 3-4 minutes. so here I am

writing that needs more than 3-4 minutes :d I will surely write it later today before going to sleep.

Just now, DaniSRB said:

2 and when i am about to go give up and promise i will study for next time and all over again :wacko::d

Every single time after an exam, pass or fail, this is exactly what I promise myself. "But I did the same last time", I tell myself then. "No but this time it's for real!", I answer. And here we are again :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Dolby said:

Wait what :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, LDOG said:

Never in my life I've gone to a exam well slept. The most I managed was 5 hours I think. 

And do you, like me, pretty much collapse as soon as the exam is over? I'm generally tired but fine during the exam, then in the train back home I have to pull out all stops just to stay awake :whistle:

Area 51 is trending on Twitter and Facebook because the raid goes down in two days :lol:. The memes are way too funny.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela