website statistics

Sport Events Cancelled due to Coronavirus Outbreak

up and down

I wish countries would go badass and stop this corona in its tracks..... This for Hungary and with just 13 infections till now 

Hungary declares State of Emergency: [source]
- closes all Universities
- bans indoor events for more than 100 people
- bans outdoor events for more than 500 people
- stops flights, trains and buses from Slovenia and Austria
- tightens control of the border with Croatia
- requires quarantine for Hungarian citizens returning from Italy, Csome of , South Korea and Iran

I think India is doing it's bit.... They are checking every person entering the country, stopped issuing visa to some of the countries, following on every corona case immediately and checking all contacts...... We have a huge work emigrant group and fairly a large number of tourist so very big & difficult as if now . But just as of now seem to be relatively ok...... Do not bet on the future but I think if every country brings the new infection rate down, they can taper this virus......... 

I think they are losing billions in events, tourists etc ...... It is really worth the effort..... Difficult to taper once the virus reaches hundreds of new cases daily as Italy is finding out..... 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

1 minute ago, dcro said:

It's hardly "mass hysteria".

What do you expect? That people would just shrug it off because having a new deadly virus is something that happens every other week?

What's more concerning is WHO still refusing to call it pandemics, even though plenty of experts suggest we are already way past that point.

They put the entire Italy on lockdown. If that's not mass hysteria then what is?

Compared to Spanish flu pandemic, this coronavrius outbreak is a joke. Moreover it seems to affect older people the most. They're closing schools even though children & teenagers are basically the least infected part of the population. Yeah, no mass hysteria alright :p

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Back on topic, the FIM MotoGP rounds have been postponed, Austin to November 15th and Argentina to November 22nd.

This means the next round won't be held until May 3rd in Jerez (if that doesn't get postponed later on).

After USA was moved earlier, Argentina being moved today means Valencia is also moved back yet another week, now to November 29th. The new schedule is on Wikipedia, for people who like a table format:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_MotoGP_season

About Jerez: World Superbikes has just announced their weekend there, which was supposed to be in a little over two weeks from now, has been rescheduled to October. The French round has been moved backward one week from late September to early October to avoid clashes with MotoGP and all that.

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2020/Updated 2020 WorldSBK calendar for remaining rounds

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That last October weekend though :cheer: :wub: 

Starting the day in the middle of the night with Moto3, followed by Moto2 and MotoGP in Australia. Then it's on to World Superbikes, World Supersport, World Superbikes and World Supersport 300 races in Jerez and then in the evening we go to Formula 1 in Austin :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some recent news which are being released in Brazil

Qualifying matches in South America, scheduled to next weeks, for the next Football World Cup in Qatar 2022 will be cancelled

Three member of Haas and Mclaren scuderias in Formula One are infected by Coronavirus.

The IOC Boxing Qualifying Competition in Buenos Aires has been cancelled

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

After USA was moved earlier, Argentina being moved today means Valencia is also moved back yet another week, now to November 29th. The new schedule is on Wikipedia, for people who like a table format:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_MotoGP_season

About Jerez: World Superbikes has just announced their weekend there, which was supposed to be in a little over two weeks from now, has been rescheduled to October. The French round has been moved backward one week from late September to early October to avoid clashes with MotoGP and all that.

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2020/Updated 2020 WorldSBK calendar for remaining rounds

At this race we'll be having MotoGP races in December tbh. In two months time we should have a better picture whether the virus has stopped spreading.

3 hours ago, dharang said:

Would be interesting to see what Hungary will do. It is reported that the HU Gov is now deliberating about, among others, limiting or suspending sport events and the decision will be published in the coming hours.

It is said that indoor events with more than 100 spectators cannot go ahead - this means koniec for handball for example (either continue it without spectators or cancel it altogether like you did with hockey) - probaly the most watched indoor sport in Hungary.

Curious as to what happens with football - not so much for the spectators, as a lot a matches have -in football terms- very few spectators anyway :D

+ I can easily imagine :HUN  could sue our league and ice hockey federation in court.

Your two clubs DVTK and MAC Budapest have paid really BIG money thanks to your government help to play two seasons in our league, now the league is canceled 3 rounds before hte end of the regular season + both clubs were well in way to qualify for the play-offs, especially in Miskolc the matches used to be sold out quite regullarly...

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

At this race we'll be having MotoGP races in December tbh.

Sorry for spreading this virus but I had to do something to make this happen :p 

55 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I would love to know which Iranian minister said that exactly ? a name please

I'm sure your know what the word "minister" means,

ps: any random person is not a minister in Iran

I think it was an ayatollah, but that was harder to spell and I’m lazy. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela