website statistics

Shooting at the European Games 2019

Totallympics

Just now, heywoodu said:

I had no idea there were quotas available at all. 

Every individual shooting event is offering one quota to Tokyo

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

The Dutch NOC would probably refuse his quota anyway...

I wouldn't say refuse, as he can still reach the national criteria, but yeah, it wouldn't be a given for sure.

If he had qualified, he still would need one of the following:
- Top-4 during the 2018 WCH (nope)
- Top-8 during the New Delhi, Beijing, Munich or Rio World Cup (only Rio to go..)
- Top-6 during the 2020 ECH

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:ISR Sergey Richter has defended his title from 4 years ago, and won the Olympic quota again!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wouldn't say refuse, as he can still reach the national criteria, but yeah, it wouldn't be a given for sure.

If he had qualified, he still would need one of the following:
- Top-4 during the 2018 WCH (nope)
- Top-8 during the New Delhi, Beijing, Munich or Rio World Cup (only Rio to go..)
- Top-6 during the 2020 ECH

Considering how wild card athletes have been winning Olympic medals in shooting (see Lionel Cox), I really don't understand such difficult criteria...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Considering how wild card athletes have been winning Olympic medals in shooting (see Lionel Cox), I really don't understand such difficult criteria...

Welcome to the Netherlands, the country where (for example) alpine skiers need a top-8 in the World Cup to qualify for the Olympics and then when - with a bit of weather-related luck and a miracle - they do get one (Marvin van Heek) the NOC says "no, due to the weather this result was not representative for the actual quality/chances" :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

There is a decent chance that someone might win a international quota (and not continental one) in Rio WC while finishing out of top 8. 

Just now, Dolby said:

There is a decent chance that someone might win a international quota (and not continental one) in Rio WC while finishing out of top 8. 

Won't count for the Netherlands though, he has to get a top-8 there, period. :p