website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

13 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Have to wait the result of Doha Stage in June. If he wins the championship and scores more than 15.333 then he will receive the quota directly. Otherwise he has to wait wild card or some other specialized qualification procedure.

He got 15.400 at the recent European Championships, so hopefully he can repeat that performance in Doha

On 08/05/2021 at 09:58, Vic Liu said:

Have to wait the result of Doha Stage in June. If he wins the championship and scores more than 15.333 then he will receive the quota directly. Otherwise he has to wait wild card or some other specialized qualification procedure.

He's not eligible for the tripartite invitation. So he either scores 15.334 or more at the Doha World Cup or he's out.

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

Quota continental Asian It's official ?

No, not official. FIG will apparently only release a statement in June, after the continental championships end and a decision about the Doha World Cup is made -- i.e., if it will happen or not.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

No, not official. FIG will apparently only release a statement in June, after the continental championships end and a decision about the Doha World Cup is made -- i.e., if it will happen or not.

and they're giving North Korea every chance to reverse their decision to pull out

• 2 weeks later...

Artistic Gymnastics OGU Oceanian Championships 2021

Does anyone have results, the webpage only shows Australians competing, but wikipedia is showing New Zealand winning the men's quota so I'm wondering if there was a separate Oceania result file...

FIG released a statement on their website about introducing changes to the qualification system for 2024.

I hope that the first change is that only nations not qualified otherwise would be eligible for a quota at the Oceania Championships. Seriously, this has mostly been Australian Championships with two "invited" guests from New Zealand: one in women's trampoline and one in men's artistic gymnastics. It's almost a miracle that New Zealand managed to qualify a male gymnast, in the end.

On 10/05/2021 at 09:28, Oldira said:

Yeah. Tough on Meg Ryan not knowing what will happen.

It just occurred to me that there might be a chance of Meg Ryan qualifying even if North Korea suddenly decides to compete.

A few days ago, someone asked Manrique Larduet, from Cuba, how his preparation was going. He replied that he's not training and will not go to Tokyo, despite having qualified. Cuba didn't send any gymnasts to the artistic, rhythmic and trampoline Pan Ams that will take place in Brazil in two weeks.

So, at this point, there's absolutely no reason to believe that Cuba is planning to send Marcia Videaux to the Olympics. Larduet would have been their best shot at a medal, and even then he would be a dark horse at best. Videaux has no chance of getting a medal, so why send her at all now?

Now, if both :PRK and :CUB fail to send female gymnasts to Tokyo, this means that :IRL and :GEO would qualify. But the Georgian girl is injured, if I'm not mistaken, so it could open up a chance for :GRE to qualify. We'll all know how it will go soon, hopefully.