website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2020

Totallympics

44 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, the last one was the 200m IM gold by Andreas Vazaios in 2016 (the last success by Grigoriadis dates back to 2012)...

I think that this is only our fifth gold ever at the European Championships (Grigoriadis won in 2008 and 2012, Drymonakos in 2008, and Vazaios in 2016)

2 hours ago, Vektor said:

I actually like it more than having one ceremony for every two or three events, it's like a half-time break where TV channels can have experts analyze the races and show interviews if they don't want to broadcast the ceremonies. 

Too bad Dutch NOS did that...and still missed the next final, because they were still talking in the studio and acted like the men's 50m backstroke never existed :lol: 

I do prefer the ceremonies being spread out more though, I was about to just call it a day in terms of swimming because it was taking forever.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Too bad Dutch NOS did that...and still missed the next final, because they were still talking in the studio and acted like the men's 50m backstroke never existed :lol: 

I do prefer the ceremonies being spread out more though, I was about to just call it a day in terms of swimming because it was taking forever.

It’s just like BBC Athletics coverage. “There’s a thrilling high jump final going on, so in the meantime we’ll keep talking about the 5000m heats that took place two hours ago.”

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Twenty minutes for ceremonies in the middle of the program seems like a bit of a scheduling issue... :p 

In fairness they are really rattling through the programme though. They have barely finished one heat before the next is starting. I don't ever remember a meet being run at this speed before.

4 hours ago, Werloc said:

I'm late to the discussion, but I think that 3 swimmers from the same nation should be able to qualify to the semi-final and the final.

If a country can do a clean sweep, it's a huge achievement and it is also a very rare achievement, but I'd like to have every country have the chance to compete for every medal in the discipline. It is also a huge advantage to the competitors from other countries when for example and Italian, Hungarian, Russian etc. swimmer has to give it their all in the morning session to qualify, while other athletes get to chill.

I'd also be up for singles and doubles to get 2 boats in rowing and canoeing and limit it to 1 only for quadruples and eights, but my dreams are never going to be coming true. 

If you are proposing to do this at the Olympics which events would you cut to accommodate the additional athletes that your suggestions would entail?

14 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

In fairness they are really rattling through the programme though. They have barely finished one heat before the next is starting. I don't ever remember a meet being run at this speed before.

Yes, I'm loving that part :d 

No need for 5-10 minutes of idle waiting. As for analyzing a final: you're sort of done after saying "He had a good start" and "Her finish was strong"...I mean, we just saw that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, I'm loving that part :d 

No need for 5-10 minutes of idle waiting. As for analyzing a final: you're sort of done after saying "He had a good start" and "Her finish was strong"...I mean, we just saw that.

“Her hat was not tight enough.”  
“His tattoos were mis-aligned, creating water resistance.”

“He was wearing a cheap knock-off brand of big white headphones”

”Her pre-race stretching routine failed to impress the time-keepers”

”He should have been more impassive in the warm-up area”