website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2020

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, dodge said:

The Irish team has focused on relays at this championships as they look to qualify a relay team for the first time since 1972

The heats of the 4x200 free are over and currently Ireland lie in 15th place in the Olympic rankings.  In the final tonight, Belgium and Spain will be looking to beat Ireland's time of 7:12:73

Belgium are currently 16th, Spain are 18th. (New Zealand are 17th). Unlikely Ireland can find enough to beat the times ahead of them (israel 7:11:99, Poland 7:12:01)

To recap here's the bottom of the rankings

13 :ISR 7:11:99

14 :POL 7:12:01

15 :IRL 7:12:73 (in final)

16 :BEL 7:12:99 (in final)

---

17 :NZL 7:13:06

18 :ESP 7:13:08 (in final)

And :FRA ???  7.10.44 (In Final)

I forgot the auto qualifiers in 4x200m!  So of course Ireland can't catch :ISR and :POL !!

Anyway here's the rankings for those not qualified

1 :HUN 7:07:67 *

:FRA 7:10:44

3 :IRL 7:12:73

4 :BEL 7:12:99

5 :NZL 7:13:06

6 :ESP 7:13:08

*I assume that the time earned by the team "Magyar Valogatott" can count for :HUN If not, then they're they're now behind everybody. Perhaps one of our Hungarian posters would know for sure.

I forgot the auto qualifiers in 4x200m!  So of course Ireland can't catch :ISR and :POL !!

*I assume that the time earned by the team "Magyar Valogatott" can count for :HUN If not, then they're they're now behind everybody. Perhaps one of our Hungarian posters would know for sure.

Unless someone made an error at the Hungarian federation, that time counts for us, we had that time trial at the national championships to qualify for Tokyo in men's 4x200m. 

So for Ireland it's about finishing ahead of Belgium or Spain and ideally both this evening?

18 hours ago, dcro said:

Fun fact, starting in Tokyo, canoeing sprint will allow 2 boats for singles and doubles. :p

NICE, then we will be able to not qualify double the amount of times, YES :clap:

Honestly, the amount of boats they cut in this OG and destroying the sprint disciplines really effin doomed us. 

14 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

If you are proposing to do this at the Olympics which events would you cut to accommodate the additional athletes that your suggestions would entail?

Don't ask me this question, I would delete half of the Olympics to accommodate more boats :lol: 

Lithuania has been really struggling with qualifications for Olympic Games recently. With canoe sprint and rowing bombing out, there is finally good news with Andrius Šidlauskas swimming a qualifying time in the 200m Breaststroke.

Now he's in two disciplines and he's probably the starter of our relay as well.