website statistics

Men's Curling WCF World Championship 2021

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Korea defeated Canada :woot: What night...

Apparently Korea’s first ever win against Canada at the men’s worlds.

Canada scored 4 points in the 8th and stole 2 in the 9th to take a one point lead, but it just wasn’t enough.

2 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Is “The team formally known as the Russian Curling Federation team” acceptable?

I can’t wait for “The National Olympic Committee Formerly Known as the Russian Federation” to enter the stadium during the parade of nations. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

44 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I can’t wait for “The National Olympic Committee Formerly Known as the Russian Federation” to enter the stadium during the parade of nations. 

I suggested “The Team of the Moscow Patriarchate” months ago.

At this point :NOR:SWE:CAN:RUS:GBR all appear to be cruising towards Olympic qualification. They are two (or 2.5 in the case of Norway) games ahead of the 7th place team, with only 4 (or 5 for Norway) games remaining.

:USA:SUI:ITA are battling for the sixth place, but the USA is definitely in the driver’s seat there. They are half a game ahead of Switzerland and a game ahead if Italy and, crucially, they hold the tie-breaker over both teams. The only silver lining for the Swiss is that on paper they have a slightly easier schedule ahead of them. Italy is going to need to hope both teams ahead of them drop a couple games to teams that are towards the bottom of the standings.

Edit: I am obviously rooting for Switzerland because their accents when they talk to each other in French are just delightful.