website statistics

Biathlon 2023 - 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

3 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

There is a super cool 6 part documentary about the Swedish Biathlon 2022-2023 season.  There is an English translation in subtitles.  I just finished it, it was really well done and insightful.  Great way to prepare for the season.

Just a reminder - season starts Saturday 11 November with the first Norwegian domestic races!

Former Bulgarian biathlete and World Cup regular for 10 years, Krasimir Anev, has apparently shot himself in the stomach in an attempted suicide.

He is in the hospital, but his condition is not good. A day before the incident he had posted a cryptic, literary quote about a friendship betrayal on facebook.

On 10/31/2023 at 5:58 AM, Grassmarket said:

Just a reminder - season starts Saturday 11 November with the first Norwegian domestic races!

I think that on the same weekend there will be the Swedish domestic racest. It will be fun to watch.

Edited by Ionut

3 minutes ago, Ionut said:

I think that on the same weekend there will be the Swedish domestic racest. It will be fun to watch.

Yep, both. Usually on FTA TV, will post details nearer the time.  Both have many international guests on training work.

Edited by Grassmarket

3 hours ago, Ionut said:

3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Yep, both. Usually on FTA TV, will post details nearer the time.  Both have many international guests on training work.

unfortunately, this time SVT decided to put their broadcast behind a geo-block :cry: :facepalm:

https://www.svtplay.se/kanaler?date=2023-11-11&range=day (just check Skidskytte: Idre at 10 a.m. and 12.10 p.m.)

41 minutes ago, phelps said:

unfortunately, this time SVT decided to put their broadcast behind a geo-block :cry: :facepalm:

https://www.svtplay.se/kanaler?date=2023-11-11&range=day (just check Skidskytte: Idre at 10 a.m. and 12.10 p.m.)

I am reserving judgement - in previous years I've seen funny things happen if you try to access the event before it starts, but if you create a fresh connection after the stream starts it works. 

Idre Fjäll - Schedule

11 November

10h00 : Short Individual 15 km men

12h15 :  Short Individual 12,5 km women

12 November

10h00 : 10 km Sprint Men 

12h00 : 7,5 km Sprint Women

All times local.  I do hope that they will broadcast them.

34 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Idre Fjäll - Schedule

11 November

10h00 : Short Individual 15 km men

12h15 :  Short Individual 12,5 km women

12 November

10h00 : 10 km Sprint Men 

12h00 : 7,5 km Sprint Women

All times local.  I do hope that they will broadcast them.

just follow the link I posted above...;)

but this time most likely (almost sure) a VPN is required