website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2018

AlFHg

1 minuto atrás, dcro disse:

Meh, this routine had very little risk landings.

Kind of like GB winning team eventing gold while all of them didn't even think about attempting the hardest jump on course...

What? Her front aerial punch front sommersault is insane. Her ring leaps are perfect, and she cannot see the beam when she lands them what makes it more difficult to perform. The flow of the routine is just superb. Her difficulty score (6.3) is the highest among all of the competitors. What are you talking about?

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

What? Her front aerial punch front sommersault is insane. Her ring leaps are perfect, and she cannot see the beam when she lands them what makes it more difficult to perform. The flow of the routine is just superb. Her difficulty score (6.3) is the highest among all of the competitors. What are you talking about?

I didn't see any hard upright landings is what I mean. Several times she either crouched or sat with beam between her legs (not sure what's the name of that position :p).

#banbestmen

hace 34 minutos, heywoodu said:

Because it's in Qatar, where finding non-Arabs is like finding water in the ocean :p 

But foreigners that also happen to be gymnastics fans?  It's probably like what they did for handball wch few years ago... invite lots of foreign fans with all traveling and accommodation costs covered.

1 minuto atrás, dcro disse:

I didn't see any hard upright landings is what I mean. Several times she either crouched or sat with beam between her legs (not sure what's the name of that position :p).

This is the straddled position. She usually lands on her feet and then connects an element performed in straddled position, so she can earn one more tenth, usually. This is what some fans call "code whoring", i.e., using what is allowed in the code of points to the fullest to earn more points even if the element is seemingly unnecessary and not pleasing to the eye. Another common form of code whoring is using a static jump after landings on floor, or a series of one-arm pirouettes on the uneven, even though the elements look the same (90% of the female Chinese gymnasts do this).

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

But foreigners that also happen to be gymnastics fans?  It's probably like what they did for handball wch few years ago... invite lots of foreign fans with all traveling and accommodation costs covered.

Foreigners that have nothing else to do on their last day of the weekend :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Gymnastics is a lot like figure skating in terms of dedicated fans.

Earlier today I watched men's short program from Helsinki. And it became obvious that the home viewers are a minority once Yuzuru Hanyu came out. So. Many. Japanese. flags.

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I don't think they'll buy fans from all over the world , from Japan , China , USA , Russia , etc :d Those foregners even if they're not intersted in Gymnastics they're intersted to see their countrymen and cheer for them 

Edited by thepharoah