website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

50 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Athletics:

Split timings of 4x400m men's relay  of Team India at  Tokyo 2020 Olympics 3:00.25 (Asian Record)

Anas- 45.6s

Noah Nirmal Tom- 45.0s

Arokia Rajiv- 44.84s

Amoj Jacob- 44.68s

Shame neither qualified for individual 400m

Had Bajrang not recovered fully from his injury? His defensive style during the whole 3 bouts suggests so. I also read an article that suggests that he still might be carrying a slight pain in his knees.

48 minutes ago, sounak said:

Had Bajrang not recovered fully from his injury? His defensive style during the whole 3 bouts suggests so. I also read an article that suggests that he still might be carrying a slight pain in his knees.

Dont think its just the injury. We saw the same across other wrestlers too. Im inclined to think there was some strategy behind it, which has not worked

Atleast in case of bajrang We had a hint that he was injured during training.

But what about other wrestlers including vinesh....all of them were playing with lack of energy and defensive approach....none of the wrestlers including bajrang showed aggression in their bouts which has costed us 2 medals ... only exception is Ravi kumar who played wrestling differently.

Is the lack of energy shown by wrestlers related to covid? But it seems mysterious.

Today in 50 kg women's, Chinese wrestler sun overturned the deficit of 7-1 in second round with intention and aggression. I think she is same wrestler who injured vinesh in Rio.

Hockey India scenario :d

Girls lost to Great Britain 
Boys beat them. 
Boys lost to Australia 
Girls beat them.
Girls lost to Argentina 
Boys beat them. 
Girls lost to Germany 
Boys beat them?

If you beat our Girls,
Our Boys will take revenge and beat you!
Similarly,
If you beat our Boys,
Our Girls will not spare you!
They will beat you!
???

18 minutes ago, Madhusudhan said:

Atleast in case of bajrang We had a hint that he was injured during training.

But what about other wrestlers including vinesh....all of them were playing with lack of energy and defensive approach....none of the wrestlers including bajrang showed aggression in their bouts which has costed us 2 medals ... only exception is Ravi kumar who played wrestling differently.

Is the lack of energy shown by wrestlers related to covid? But it seems mysterious.

Today in 50 kg women's, Chinese wrestler sun overturned the deficit of 7-1 in second round with intention and aggression. I think she is same wrestler who injured vinesh in Rio.

For Deepak I think he just isn't fit enough. Needs to cut down body fat if he wants to compete regularly at the highest level. Saw him in the Asian Championships as well and it was a similar story there as well. He was very defensive even against very poor opponents. As far as the girls go I am okay with the performance of Sonam and Anshu, they are just 19. For Vinesh, I think the Belarusian opponent was just stronger. The Belarusian opponent even pinned an American girl today for Bronze. I was very disappointed with the way Seema wrestled. Against even a Tunisian opponent she was so defensive.

Its hard to believe that vinesh lost the match in olympics to a non japanese wrestler that too by getting pinned down.....

Am not saying belarus wrestler is not good wrestler but she lost her semis to chinese wrestler and vinesh defeated belarus wrestler earlier by pinning her down.

She got over from her injury in Rio, won asian games gold and readjusted to new weight category by dominating her opponents other than japanese in last 2 to 3 years. So her loss seems more mysterious than any other indian loss at this olympics.

All her hard work has gone in vain, but she has the age benefit and so she needs to come over from this debacle and redo the hardwork.