website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

6 minutes ago, dareza said:

That is so sad. Paes is for sure most popular Indian player in Europe. I think all knows who is Paes (even non-tennis fans)

Don't worry... Am pretty sure he'll stick around till the 2020 games :bowdown:

20 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Phew! What a match... Was hanging in the balance right till the very end... so happy for Paes and Hingis. However Paes' antics didn't go down well with me and surely not with Sania :p. Probably he was trying to make a statement because he knows he is not getting a chance to play with her at the Olympics. Paes and Mirza didn't see eye to eye in the end at the net. :facepalm:

Let's see what they say in the trophy presentation :fingers:

I think ur reading a bit too much into one celebration semi-circle. It was a great interception at a very imporatant point in a grand slam final with his career grnad slam on the line.

BTW, i saw the presentation on streaming and Paes was full of praise for Sania. He complimented her on her performance in the final as well as her performances with Hingis, thanked her twice I beleive and even thanked her father and team.

But yeah, it will be Rohan partnering Sania in XD. Paes/Sania actually have a good shot at a continental quota now. Their only competition for top ranked Asian team is the Japanese team of Nishikori and Misaki Doi. Both had poor french opens and will be losing points. We'll know only on Monday but reasonable chance Paes/Sania overtake Nishikori/Doi in the rankings. 

Of course that doesnt mean Paes will go. Only 3 continental slots available across 5 continental federations and thus no guarantee Asia gets one. Plus, Sania prefers Rohan and there is a small chance they might get seeded which would mean avoiding strong teams like Federer/Hingis and Serena/Bob Bryan (if Serena plays XD).

Then of course there is the court-side issue. No doubt that Leander is our best right-court XD player but is he our best left-court XD player ?? And Sania has to play on the right, she lives and dies by her forehand...

2 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Slovenia Open 2016 Table Tennis

Soumyajit Ghosh beat Frane Kojic of Croatia 4 -2 in the Men's Singles Round of 32

Thats great by soumyajit 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

7 hours ago, nitinsanker said:

Thats great by soumyajit 

Well done Soumyajit, now the real deal, plays world no. 13 today in round of 16, if he pulls this off, it will go a long way to boost his confidence for Rio.