website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

38 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

@shrikant @nitinsanker  if we have seen Football and Basketball fame for India in International level its because of her foundation RIL - IMG foundation is very promising and has been training many youngsters. So just claiming her has business women with money is wrong.. She has done very well has chairperson of ISL.

If There is an international business body we will select someone like JRD to represent us 

If there is a international Film association someone like amitabh bachan 

If there is an international Atheletics body why must it be Nita Ambani ??????

if I see the list below  all the advanced countries select iconic atheletics as members to represent them - Popov for Russia , I remember it was Sebastian  coe for UK , it is currently -  princess anne ( she represented UK in riding ) .............Erik Hoyer for denmark , Nawal Moutawakil for morroco , Sergie Bubka for Ukraine ...does India have no Iconic atheletes to represent them ..... Why Not Rajyawardhan Rathore who is a minister in the BJP currently.

or Viren rasquinha ( head of olympic gold quest ) or Prakash Padukone ..................... Or if they want a very rich person why not at least Naveen Jindal who was the National record holder in skeet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_International_Olympic_Committee

I honestly believe I have issues because sportsmen do not get the importance they deserve for the hard work they put in ...olympic sport is a money less sport ...... I want people who have put in effort to get the value out of it ....... Even in the TOP program babus who do not understand sport are put in charge and hence there is an issue ... I am sure if there was someone like  Rathore heading the  TOP  program we would see action ..that is my problem with someone like NITA 

To be honest if Reliance pledges a few 100 crores to Indian sport then I do not mind ...... But I fear that this will be just another Tag to flaunt ............but still hoping for the best :fingers:

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

8 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

If There is an international business body we will select someone like JRD to represent us 

If there is a international Film association someone like amitabh bachan 

If there is an international Atheletics body why must it be Nita Ambani ??????

if I see the list below  all the advanced countries select iconic atheletics as members to represent them - Popov for Russia , I remember it was Sebastian  coe for UK , it is currently -  princess anne ( she represented UK in riding ) .............Erik Hoyer for denmark , Nawal Moutawakil for morroco , Sergie Bubka for Ukraine ...does India have no Iconic atheletes to represent them ..... Why Not Rajyawardhan Rathore who is a minister in the BJP currently.

or Viren rasquinha ( head of olympic gold quest ) or Prakash Padukone ..................... Or if they want a very rich person why not at least Naveen Jindal who was the National record holder in skeet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_International_Olympic_Committee

I honestly believe I have issues because sportsmen do not get the importance they deserve for the hard work they put in ...olympic sport is a money less sport ...... I want people who have put in effort to get the value out of it ....... Even in the TOP program babus who do not understand sport are put in charge and hence there is an issue ... I am sure if there was someone like  Rathore heading the  TOP  program we would see action ..that is my problem with someone like NITA 

To be honest if Reliance pledges a few 100 crores to Indian sport then I do not mind ...... But I fear that this will be just another Tag to flaunt ............but still hoping for the best :fingers:

Most people in our country only will not be able to recognize a sportsperson other than a cricketer, think about the big rural section of our country. So if Reliance can bring some money this way will be of great help to our athletes.

26 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Bopanna / Saketh as the Men's Doubles and Sania / Bopanna in Mixed Doubles.

All these are predictions, let's wait and watch, I don't think India will go without Paes.

11 minutes ago, Sanjib said:

Most people in our country only will not be able to recognize a sportsperson other than a cricketer, think about the big rural section of our country. So if Reliance can bring some money this way will be of great help to our athletes.

the problem with Indian sports right from the start has been that is run by politicians / Industrialists , I want us to break out of this paradigm and give sports administration to good sportsmen / coaches ........... Indian badminton has improved since pullela gopichand / prakash padukone started playing a serious role ....raninder singh who is a serious trap shooter ( this year he won the national championship ) has navigated NRAI very well ... this is why have a serious issue with MRS  AMBANI 

I do not mind if they pledge serious money into olympic sports .....................So if Reliance is going to pledge few hundred crores into olympic sports I will also applaud Nita Ambani but till I hear this announcement :wall:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

This is just a gossip from myside, Since we Indians love gossips...No serious brains in it...just for fun and make something out of nothing.....

What about Sania asking her partner to loose the SF match so that bopanna can come into the top10 and choose the partner, Slovakia are sure to get a slot with the ranking...

;):p

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

In the middle of tennis and Nita in IOC we had a wonderful show from the women Hockey team were Australia beat India by 2-1 in last match of 4 nations hockey tournament match played today. I think we would play Japan for the 3rd place...Good to have a go against them again. Good outing for India in this tournament..

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go