website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

15 hours ago, Suneet said:

I will be supporting Paes as well simply because I love him more :p

A win for him should end all debates about who should partner Sania at the Olympics.

Highly doubt that Suneet !! Unfortunately, mixed doubles doesn't earn you any ranking points and even a QF finish in the men's doubles is likely to improve Paes' ranking to only around 45. And at that ranking, qualification is a huge question mark.

On the other hand we have Bopanna, assured of qualifying and with a small chance of being seeded as well, thus avoiding the top swiss and american pairs. Plus there's always the old argument of Bopanna being a natural left-court player and Paes being a natural right-court player. 

9 minutes ago, kapil857 said:

Highly doubt that Suneet !! Unfortunately, mixed doubles doesn't earn you any ranking points and even a QF finish in the men's doubles is likely to improve Paes' ranking to only around 45. And at that ranking, qualification is a huge question mark.

On the other hand we have Bopanna, assured of qualifying and with a small chance of being seeded as well, thus avoiding the top swiss and american pairs. Plus there's always the old argument of Bopanna being a natural left-court player and Paes being a natural right-court player. 

You are right about difficulty in qualification. But if they have a chance to qualify they should be sent just because Paes is Paes in mixed doubles :d. Bopanna would suck even if he got the best partner possible.

If Hingis were Indian, all our dilemma would have been solved. Heck we would have had 2 medals assured! :p

4 minutes ago, Suneet said:

You are right about difficulty in qualification. But if they have a chance to qualify they should be sent just because Paes is Paes in mixed doubles :d. Bopanna would suck even if he got the best partner possible.

If Hingis were Indian, all our dilemma would have been solved. Heck we would have had 2 medals assured! :p

So true... Hope people leave there differences and come together 

7 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Yes :yeshingis for Indian citizenship .................. heck I would make her the honorary president of India too :lol:

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

5 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Yes :yeshingis for Indian citizenship .................. heck I would make her the honorary president of India too :lol:

Haha let's sign a petition:p 

What's wrong with Saina guys? Her form is just not taking an upward turn. At this rate it looks difficult that she will reach the semis in the olympics. Are 2 months enough to have a change in fortunes? :mumble:

Don't have much hopes from the others too. :wall:

24 minutes ago, Suneet said:

Who will partner whom in mixed double doesn't solve any problem. If you see past records maximum mixed double as well as men and women double medals were won by great singles players. Last time Williams with Bryan won it for USA. RF too have won the men doubles, in Olympics doubles becomes quite hard as all great singles players become part of their national team. 

Edited by Vivek

2 minutes ago, Suneet said:

What's wrong with Saina guys? Her form is just not taking an upward turn. At this rate it looks difficult that she will reach the semis in the olympics. Are 2 months enough to have a change in fortunes? :mumble:

Don't have much hopes from the others too. :wall:

I have no hope from Badminton this time. Saina has to work really really hard! I dont wanna see screaMarin winning Olympics:wall: