website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

7 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Can someone with more knowledge than me explain this please? Is it true? I don't really know how this works but I disagree with it if these are the new laws.

I am not anti-LGBT or anything, but I disagree with the idea of having people compete in women's sports if they are biologically male.

Ask your grandparents.  “Biden”* is attempting to turn the USA into the kind of country Poland was 1945-1989.

*in inverted commas because it’s not his decision.  He just sign whatever his handlers put in front of him.

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Wake me up if he/she/whatever makes the US Olympic team :coffee:  Michael Sam got a ton of free publicity for being the first openly gay player in NFL but he never actually played a single down in the NFL and nobody gives a damn about him anymore.

No. He is by all means not going to be at the US Olympic team? That is not the point. You're saying that nobody's gonna try. Then I give you an example who apparently doesn't matter because he's not good enough?

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Ask your grandparents.  “Biden”* is attempting to turn the USA into the kind of country Poland was 1945-1989.

*in inverted commas because it’s not his decision.  He just sign whatever his handlers put in front of him.

Gosh how I've missed your comments in here...

17 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I'm not from Poland, but I agree that this is scary if it happens.

21 minutes ago, Agger said:

No. He is by all means not going to be at the US Olympic team? That is not the point. You're saying that nobody's gonna try. Then I give you an example who apparently doesn't matter because he's not good enough?

I've heard the trailblazer crap before, Michael Sam is a prime example you can have your 5 seconds and then it's over. Wrestling among other things is heavily-reliant on Olympic presence in USA.

USA is a country that relies on their pro leagues. For a HS wrestler like Beggs UFC is the top target if anything. And Joe Biden can do shit about Zuffa and Dana White's priorities. So yeah, Olympic national team is a real benchmark if Beggs won't be a flash in the pan like Michael Sam turned out to be. There must be hundreds of thousands wrestlers in US high schools and how many of them would like to be in UFC rather than Olympics? US boxing has gone down the drain on the amateur level, does anyone care about Golden Gloves anymore? 54-year old Mike Tyson attracts more interest or some damn youtuber Jake Paul or whatever his name is. And you give me Mack Beggs? Wake up and smell the coffee! :coffee::p In three-four years time nobody will remember this guy anymore just like nobody remembers Michael Sam already.

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

If Biden is the greatest communist since the fall of the Iron Curtain, then I can’t even imagine the horror New Zealanders are going through under Jacinda Ardern. I mean they must be starving, and deprived of all freedoms! Oh wait...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If Biden is the greatest communist since the fall of the Iron Curtain, then I can’t even imagine the horror New Zealanders are going through under Jacinda Ardern. I mean they must be starving, and deprived of all freedoms! Oh wait...

Let's don't compare a country with a population of 5 million which is like half of the New York urban area to USA :p It's like comparing Alabama going 12-0 in SEC and Coastal Carolina going 12-0 in Sun Belt :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

Communist Poland was, of course, famously on the vanguard of LGBT rights.

20 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Let's don't compare a country with a population of 5 million which is like half of the New York urban area to USA :p It's like comparing Alabama going 12-0 in SEC and Coastal Carolina going 12-0 in Sun Belt :roflmao:

We’re comparing political ideology, not population proportions. Plus, by your own reasoning, no one could ever compare communist Poland to the United States, so you disagree with the original argument anyways.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela