website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Can someone with more knowledge than me explain this please? Is it true? I don't really know how this works but I disagree with it if these are the new laws.

I am not anti-LGBT or anything, but I disagree with the idea of having people compete in women's sports if they are biologically male.

The above is an excellent reason why I'm glad I'm no politician. No matter which way you look at it or what you decide, it is always wrong, almost more so than in most other topics since there is not a single solution that can be considered even remotely fair.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Professional idiot Ted Cruz also doesn't really get it yet.

I wonder, did he think the Nürnberg Trials were about some local mischief by a few annoying teenagers in a German city, or what?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The above is an excellent reason why I'm glad I'm no politician. No matter which way you look at it or what you decide, it is always wrong, almost more so than in most other topics since there is not a single solution that can be considered even remotely fair.

I mean, surely some options are more fair than others...?

This just can't work. Because at some point, biological men can just start declaring themselves as women in order to get scolarships, medals, livelihood etc. So much easier than doping (and above board at that).

#banbestmen

17 hours ago, dcro said:

So I just found out that they are serving Croatian wine (Dingač and Zinfandel) on the inauguration. :d

Dingač is great wine, I really like it :wub:

So America have a new president. It is a time for some democracy in Venezuela and Iran, and get ready Cuba for new sanctions in the name of democracy of course  

51 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Professional idiot Ted Cruz also doesn't really get it yet.

I wonder, did he think the Nürnberg Trials were about some local mischief by a few annoying teenagers in a German city, or what?

Not to mention the Versailles Treaty. 

2 hours ago, dcro said:

I mean, surely some options are more fair than others...?

This just can't work. Because at some point, biological men can just start declaring themselves as women in order to get scolarships, medals, livelihood etc. So much easier than doping (and above board at that).

Good luck finding it. Every single option has very reasonable arguments against them (like the ones you mentioned right now in this case).

NCAA is a country within a country anyway. It's the pillar of US sports dominance and most people still hate the fact athletes are total amateurs and all the money goes to the coaches and executives. At the end of the day USA always values performance. 2nd place means you're a loser.

Obviously only female sports will be affected though. No female-born athlete will ever try her chances with boys under the equality banner. :roflmao:

21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

NCAA is a country within a country anyway. It's the pillar of US sports dominance and most people still hate the fact athletes are total amateurs and all the money goes to the coaches and executives. At the end of the day USA always values performance. 2nd place means you're a loser.

Obviously only female sports will be affected though. No female-born athlete will ever try her chances with boys under the equality banner. :roflmao:

Mack Beggs has been fighting to be allowed to... :evil:

20 minutes ago, Agger said:

Mack Beggs has been fighting to be allowed to... :evil:

Wake me up if he/she/whatever makes the US Olympic team :coffee:  Michael Sam got a ton of free publicity for being the first openly gay player in NFL but he never actually played a single down in the NFL and nobody gives a damn about him anymore.