website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Well, he either just made gains (maybe even sizable ones) or just lost the primary.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well Trump isn’t the main problem. The main problem is how mainstream guns have become in our culture. The NRA has also misguided gun owners. The prohibition argument is one used by the right very often. I don’t think that will be true. If we initiate a buy-back program and put in place common sense gun control. It has worked in other places around the world, so I could work here.

And what is the gun black market anyway? Few years back a Polish journalist went to Texas and showed how easy it is to legally buy a semi-auto weapon based on a squirrel hunting permit. I see stories about freaks buying 30 items of guns for "protection" and all that crap. Even Obama couldn't provide a fresh start for the gun control and I can't see any of those new candidates having more culture change potential than he had. If Obama failed it's truly a lost cause.

The prohibition argument is very easy and makes a ton of sense. People HATE when some politicial big wigs tell them what's best for them. It never works esp. in the day of social media and news spreading like cockroaches. Watch how Mexico'a war on drugs ended in even more violence and had the project blow up in the sky. Government fighting drugs, booze & guns seems so fine on paper but it never works in real life.

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It takes a bigger, brighter mind to think of celebrating with your mates and then give the nation a message it hears.

Sure, someone who simply celebrates and keeps these things out of it doesn't have a big and bright enough mind. Ktnxbye 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, he either just made gains (maybe even sizable ones) or just lost the primary.

Possibly lost the primary because he said the F-word which is of course a big bad nono-word? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And what is the gun black market anyway? Few years back a Polish journalist went to Texas and showed how easy it is to legally buy a semi-auto weapon based on a squirrel hunting permit. I see stories about freaks buying 30 items of guns for "protection" and all that crap. Even Obama couldn't provide a fresh start for the gun control and I can't see any of those new candidates having more culture change potential than he had. If Obama failed it's truly a lost cause.

The prohibition argument is very easy and makes a ton of sense. People HATE when some politicial big wigs tell them what's best for them. It never works esp. in the day of social media and news spreading like cockroaches. Watch how Mexico'a war on drugs ended in even more violence and had the project blow up in the sky. Government fighting drugs, booze & guns seems so fine on paper but it never works in real life.

What the Polish journalist saw isn’t a black market. It’s what we call a gun show. My town (east of railroad is lower class and Democrats/ west is middle class and ultra conservative; I live on the West and I was the only left leaning person in my middle school and in a small group in my high school) has one every two-three months at the local fairgrounds. They are crazy, people can literally walk in and buy whatever they want pretty much.

Well Mexican carrels were able to get their hands on American guns, so Mexico’s laws may have worked, if not for Texas’ weak laws.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Possibly lost the primary because he said the F-word which is of course a big bad nono-word? 

Well except for that he’s trending on Twitter from democratic support right now. He just inadvertently took two extremely popular opinions. Plus, gun violence is an issue Democrats can win the campaign on.

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What the Polish journalist saw isn’t a black market. It’s what we call a gun show. My town (east of railroad is lower class and Democrats/ west is middle class and ultra conservative; I live on the West and I was the only left leaning person in my middle school and in a small group in my high school) has one every two-three months at the local fairgrounds. They are crazy, people can literally walk in and buy whatever they want pretty much.

Well Mexican carrels were able to get their hands on American guns, so Mexico’s laws may have worked, if not for Texas’ weak laws.

Then it's very much a grey area. If you can buy a M16 to shoot squirrels and nobody's asking any questions then this is what I call a DNA problem no mainstream liberal will solve. The report mentioned it's not the army version but a civilian M16 version with the rubber selection fire conversion or whatever it's called they attach. This is the prohibition shortcut I was talking about. And if you can do this legally now what good is any gun law clampdown? Also on display were some fancy bows you couldn't even bring to Poland bc they would be instantly confiscated but they're so damn legal in the USA :lol:

32 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

a civilian M16 version

Lol.

Incel spotted.

Betts’s former high school classmates said he was “always obsessed” with guns.

Midway through Betts’s freshman year at Bellbrook High School, the school became aware that he was toting around a “hit list," including classmates, of people he wanted to take “revenge” on, said Samantha Thomas, 25, who attended Bellbrook at the same time Betts did.

“It was a list of girls and all of these really pretty vile things that he was going to do to them,” Thomas said. “All the girls were really freaked out. He got kicked out of school for it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?destination=%2fnation%2f2019%2f08%2f04%2fnine-fatally-shot-dayton-including-suspect-day-after-mass-shooting-texas%2f%3futm_term%3d.59da0aadc1d3&utm_term=.59da0aadc1d3