website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

There's no full timetable anywhere yet I think? Including all times I mean, the official Olympics website only has them sort of per session, but considering a 3-hour session has multiple finals, it'd be good to know the times per event. This is decent, but not ideal:

WpD1AMy.png

At least World Athletics has their own detailed timetable online, which is much better than the one on the Olympics' website, but it seems as though a lot of federations don't :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@thiago_simoes What are the chances for a medal for Aït Saïd, outsider at best? It'd be so awesome if he manages to get one after that horror injury in Rio.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@thiago_simoes What are the chances for a medal for Aït Saïd, outsider at best? It'd be so awesome if he manages to get one after that horror injury in Rio.

It's still very hard to predict at this point.

First, we don't know if :GRE Eleftherios Petrounias will qualify. If he does, he will probably be Olympic champion again. Second, if Petrounias qualifies, we still need to know if :CHN Liu Yang for will be part of the team or if he will be given the individual quota. Third, we also need to know if You Hao will make the Chinese team.

Then the plot thickens: :BRA Zanetti has not competed in a long time. :ITA Lodadio has been missing in action too. :TUR Çolak has not been doing well, but :TUR Asil is on fire. Then there are those gymnasts who could surprise and score huge like :BRA Souza, :GER Klessing, :UKR Radivilov, :RUS Nagornyy and :RUS Ablyazin.

If you ask me now, I'd say :FRA Said will not win a medal, but it's too close to tell and depending on who qualifies, he might have a better chance. The best case scenario is Liu Yang qualifying while Petrounias and Hao somehow miss qualifications.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

:CAN TEAM CANADA :CAN

Men:
René Cournoyer 

Women:

Ellie Black

Brooklyn Moors

Shallon Olsen

Ava Stewart 

Black is making her third Olympics, Olsen her second. Moors is the younger sister of 2012 Olympian Victoria Moors. Stewart wouldn't have been eligible to compete had the games be held in 2020.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the US Olympic Gymnastics trials on NBC and I have no idea how any sport fan can like this coverage. Ads every three minutes or so, personal stories about the athletes that add nothing, and too much focus on very few gymnasts (especially Biles, of course) - even when there are other routines going on.