website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

15 hours ago, tirtha22 said:

Can mental issue happen all of a sudden? May be I suspect some hidden injuries which suddenly aggravated.

Yes, I think so. She also had an injury, and she said beforehand she wasn't in the right state of mind

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

16 hours ago, tirtha22 said:

Can mental issue happen all of a sudden? 

Yes, they can. Or at the very least they can 'grab' you all of a sudden if it's been lingering for a while.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Biles is not the first athlete to suddenly lose air awareness. I remember reading an article about an elite British trampoline gymnast who suddenly and inexplicably lost the ability to do any of her skills and had to re-learn everything from scratch.

If she's getting lost in the air with any sort of regularity then she needs to address that before she can compete again because it's a legitimate safety issue (assuming she even wants to compete again).

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yes, they can. Or at the very least they can 'grab' you all of a sudden if it's been lingering for a while.

True, can't agree more.

I think she has felt since some time that she's not as goos as she would like to be and it was growing.

She blames the (media) pressure, but how is that new for her?

The only thing that's new is the fact that this time she is required to perform at her absolute best and fight for titles, instead of just walking out and collecting golds.

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

NBC reports Biles has withdrawn from the all-around.  Still might compete in event finals.

The only good news from this is that I think Jade Carey will compete in AA instead of her (Carey was 3rd among US athletes in AA qualis).

And some of our friendly users here  like Carey very much, so it is very interesting how she performs.

1 minute ago, rafalgorka said:

The only good news from this is that I think Jade Carey will compete in AA instead of her (Carey was 3rd among US athletes in AA qualis).

And some of our friendly users here  like Carey very much, so it is very interesting how she performs.

What's kind of crazy is that the only reason Carey even qualified is that she was the only American to go for the individual apparatus world cup qualification route. She wouldn't have made the Olympics under the qualification rules for any other Olympics.