website statistics

Judo at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

As expected, Brazilian team was a disgrace at this Olympics...

And we still have to hear from them on the interview that they gave everything on their fights.... If this is eerything, then we are in a big trouble.

Cargnin and Mayra deserved their medals, they were the only athletes from our team who really fought for it.

15 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

She suffered a patellar tendon tear. I imagine it should be quite painful and this must leave her out of any competition for a long time.

Now, about Maria Portela... better late than never. But that didn't help at all. LOL. A very embarrassing ending for our judokas, but not one that was unexpected. 

I was glad Henk Grol finally managed to did something well here, first by beating the Uzbek after two losses in 24 hours and then by beating - as our commentator put it - 'a building from Brazil' :p 

But yeah, overall this has been a rather humiliating performance for the Dutch team. With the quality that exists in the team, there really should have been more than a single bronze (and possibly a second in the team event, but even then).

And Altheman, damn. That truly looked awful, I hope she'll be ok and for starters be able to walk normally again.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Laraja said:

And we still have to hear from them on the interview that they gave everything on their fights.... If this is eerything, then we are in a big trouble.

Cargnin and Mayra deserved their medals, they were the only athletes from our team who really fought for it.

The whole team is terrible and did nothing today, with the exception of Cargnin and Mayra who thankfully already have their medals (and maybe Pimenta who did what she could out of her weight category). I'm glad we won't see most of these names in the next cycle.

14 minutes ago, Laraja said:

That seems a little unfair. I've seen several other Brazilians and they were definitely fighting for it. It can be a lack of quality, mistakes being made, bad luck, bad shape or a combination of all that, but that's all something different than not fighting for it and I really doubt they were actually thinking "Ah I'll try but never mind"...

Although I do see the same here in the Netherlands, with people saying they barely tried. That's just unfair, even if the performance was far below par, probably nobody is more disappointed than themselves in reality. Because you can bet that they all tried.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Yeah no Tsjaka ain't gonna do this against a 13kg heavier guy :p 

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

This format does not strike me as particularly fair.

It is not (not because of this particular case of course :p).