website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

2 hours ago, ofan said:

What a joke. Shame on all of the healthy players who failed to play in this tournament. Canada Basketball needs to get its act together for the final qualification tournament. 

This exercise was a complete waste of talent for a program that should have been a medal contender. Even though this was expected, I'm still furious. 

I expected nothing and I’m still let down.

A pretty large part of me feels like it would be well deserved for this current generation of Canadian NBA players to never qualify for the Olympics.

42 minutes ago, dareza said:

Walker was best player in Charlotte last year.

Mitchell is so far best player from Utah Jazz.

Tatum, Brown and Smart one of the best players from Celtics.

Lopez and Middlton one of the best in Milwaukee.

What to say about Barnes? He was in Olympic team 2016.

Tarner one of the best in Indiana.

So this is not bad players at all. Actually they are very good.

There are good players, but none of them are superstars (Mitchell may become one in the future). Plus, it's the first (and probably the last) time they will ever play in that lineup together, it's not that easy to compare them to their NBA careers. Individual quality is there, but not enough to blow out every time like they're used to, I think Serbia and Spain have good chances to beat them.

Just now, crovitlaci said:

There are good players, but none of them are superstars (Mitchell may become one in the future). Plus, it's the first (and probably the last) time they will ever play in that lineup together, it's not that easy to compare them to their NBA careers. Individual quality is there, but not enough to blow out every time like they're used to, I think Serbia and Spain have good chances to beat them.

Of course that they are not the best players from USA and I agree that they are without at least one big star, but stories that they are bad players are just.......bulshit.

For example I think that almost every of them are bigger stars than Bogdanovic, Bjelica and Marjanovic. Only Jokic is a bigger star.

27 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Both teams are participants at WC, so how is that absurd? Absurd is statement that 1998 team played better than USA in 2019? Absurd is statement that 1998 team won a medal and this 2019 team could finish empty handed? Interesting.

I think it's a testament to the improvement of other teams around the world, not the other way around. The 2018 team would walk all over the 1998 USA team. 

Just now, NearPup said:

A pretty large part of me feels like it would be well deserved for this current generation of Canadian NBA players to never qualify for the Olympics.

I agree. They are a generation who has been given everything, and they are wasting it. 90% of them will probably never win an NBA ring anyways - An Olympic medal might be their only shot at some sort of glory 

Just now, ofan said:

I think it's a testament to the improvement of other teams around the world, not the other way around. The 2018 team would walk all over the 1998 USA team. 

I agree.

1998 team was playing interesting basketball. They were compact team, deffence was rather good, considering their reputation. 

This team actually showed nothing today.

Field goal percentage was criminal, deffence was nonexistent. Turkey is probably 7th European team by strength and they still almost won, by showing nothing more than good 3 points percentage. 

To be honest, i cant recall time when there were so many teams capable of winning USA. In recent history only Spain and Serbia were capable to achieve that.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Those that don't show up don't deserve to qualify indeed. On the other hand, those that actually could be bothered to show up should deserve so (or at least have the chance).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!