website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2017

George_D

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

After finishing fourth in the hammer final, one of the stalwarts of the event Zhang Wenxiu has decided to hang up her gloves. :cry: 

31 years old and already having 9 world championships on your list :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Brilliant, crying Sharp of last year on BBC about how difficult the whole Semenya situation was (for her, Sharp), while Semenya herself is being humiliated by half the world. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• It is run by a different federation though 
    • from what I heard , Iran has registered to participate in Alpine, CC skiing, SkiMo, Skating (they didn't mention which discipline ) and ... (this one will be surprising ) ... Curling    Curling is not a sure thing yet, the NOC has to approve it. the team is very new. I mean very very new, only few months ago they gathered few people to start the sport  you can't lose 100-0 in Curling, right ?    anyway it will be first time ever Iran participating outside of FIS disciplines. ( I didn't count Ski orienteering in 2011 which was the same as CC)   nobody cares about winter sports here. therefore finishing last won't have consequences. they can afford sending very weak teams. (which is not the case for the main Asian Games)
    • World Junior Championships ( Dushanbe)   Day #4 Medallists   women's -78kg Gold:  Brenda Olaya Silver:  Mathilda Sophie Niemeyer Bronze:  Eva Ronja Buddenkotte &  Dandara Camilo   women's +78kg Gold:  Lee Hyeon Ji Silver:  Celia Cancan Bronze:  Chihiro Yamaguchi &  Safa Soliman   men's -100kg Gold:  Mukhammadsodik Sodikov Silver:  Nozomu Miki Bronze:  Azhdar Baghirov &  Fares Mekhoukh   men's +100kg Gold:  Denis Batchaev Silver:  Kanan Nasibov Bronze:  Saba Kardava &  Ibrahim Tataroglu
    • 100 days to go until the first multi-sports games of the 2025 
    • 11 medals out of 15 athletes. for whatever reason  we sent an incomplete team of 16 athletes (only 1 left for tomorrow) I wish I knew why  I can guess though   the result is indeed very good in such a competitive sport but lack of talent was never our problem in taekwondo. it was always there probably much more than any other country.    but the problem is the transition to the senior team. most of previous junior world champions never even made the senior team. (the new federation is doing better in this regard though)
    • Maybe my analogy was bad. I meant a team points competition based on individual placements in each event.
    • But why? Honestly it should be about athletes.
    • I actually feel like it has the potential to be good change. The new brand identities might open up more possibilities for merchandise. I also think the ISU could create a compelling team standings competition similar to the constructors cup in F1.   Plus, it might add a degree of “apolitical-ness” to the top level international short track, during a time where that’s been a hot topic in international sports (in general).    Maybe it won’t work at all, but I’m open to seeing where the ISU go with this.
    • GSOC HearingLife Tour Challenge Men’s Quarterfinals  Team Mouat v.  Team Craik   Team Schwaller v.  Team McEwen  Team Jacobs v.  Team Dunstone  Team Gushue v.  Team Whyte
    • @MHSN  so far is amazing! 11 medals (7 golds) out of 17 events...what a dominant performance! the future of Iranian taekwondo is bright