website statistics

Men's Handball Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

8 hours ago, LDOG said:

Bahrain also beat our team by 5 in a friendly. Did they get any "reinforcements"? I find this sudden rise in level from WCh hard to believe...

nope, hard to believe since they have naturalized athletes in other sports but in Handball they are all really from Bahrain.

and Bahrain's population is smaller than my town :facepalm: maybe we should learn few things from their handball program.

btw as far as I know most of them play for the same club. so they are more "prepared" they also have a good coach

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

nope, hard to believe since they have naturalized athletes in other sports but in Handball they are all really from Bahrain.

and Bahrain's population is smaller than my town :facepalm: maybe we should learn few things from their handball program.

btw as far as I know most of them play for the same club. so they are more "prepared" they also have a good coach

In that case, that is actually a very impressive feat for a small place like Bahrain! Not like Qatar, when they bought half the handball world a few years ago (?), what Bahrain does seems genuinely good.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

In that case, that is actually a very impressive feat for a small place like Bahrain! Not like Qatar, when they bought half the handball world a few years ago (?), what Bahrain does seems genuinely good.

yeah indeed and I had to say that to like million people here that this Bahrain handball team is made up homegrown players. whenever some of our rich  Arab neighbors achieve something in sports people here by default assume they are using naturalized athletes. (while for example KSA never do that)

you may find this interesting, this is the turning point of Bahrain's handball, when they qualified for the World Champs for the first time with this crazy goal in the last second and they never stopped to improve from there