website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

Very disappointing by Vicaut, like last year at the world championships, i start to doubt that we will have a european athlete in the final of Rio. Ujah, Gemili and Hughes all seem to be out of shape or even out of Rio. I think we will see 3 american guys + at least 2 jamaican guys + De Grasse in the final for sure. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Gianlu33:

So, if a guys was legally naturalized (like all italian naturalized athletes) i haven't problem but I don't think that the Turkish law give a nationality after only 1-2 days :lol: 

The same happened with the (supposedly) 19 yo girl in womens 10000. The worst thing is that all those athletes are average when Turkey buys them, but then they suddenly become world class. You have to wonder why Turkey isnt able to produce any world class athletes on their own, because they obviously seem to have great coaches, otherwise all those naturalized athletes wouldnt become world class all of a sudden. The only good thing about all of this is that turkish officials seem to be pretty stupid, because all of their athletes get caught very quick. So we can be sure that turkish medals, if they win any, will be given back pretty quick after the olympics.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yeah, but did you see her? We might have a "Semenya case" in shot put.

Nah, she's just a typical shot putter :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Churandy :d

Oh my this is the best 100m final I have ever seen :d 

The most sympathetic Dutch athlete we ever had :bowdown:

Did you chear for Netherlands Antilles when they still existed? :p

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Did you chear for Netherlands Antilles when they still existed? :p

Not in general, but definitely for Martina. Although he was still very new for all of us back then, his interviews in Dutch media already surprised everyone back then with his everlasting smile and great attitude :) 

Like in the 2008 Olympics, people were absolutely cheering for Martina as if he was "one of our own" already :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Not in general, but definitely for Martina. Although he was still very new for all of us back then, his interviews in Dutch media already surprised everyone back then with his everlasting smile and great attitude :) 

Like in the 2008 Olympics, people were absolutely cheering for Martina as if he was "one of our own" already :p 

So, you conveniently discontinued Netherlands Antilles right after Churandy appeared, did I get it right? :p

#banbestmen

Well thinking again, I think we were mostly seeing Netherlands Antilles as "our little brother" back then, so we were happy when they did well :p 

Although I must admit in 2004 I didn't watch it that much as nowadays and in 2008 I had just started a job 2 days before the Olympics (worst decision ever) so I didn't see that much of it live :p 

Just now, dcro said:

So, you conveniently discontinued Netherlands Antilles right after Churandy appeared, did I get it right? :p

He already appeared some years before that didn't he? Apart from that, this is an international forum, I'm not going to give away state secrets that shouldn't be published outside the Netherlands.  :evil: