website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2017

dareza

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

That is one hell of an amazing career :bowdown:

sure...and she also has at least a couple of medals also in the other distances (she won bronze in the 10km last Sunday, for instance)...

but unfortunately for her she missed out on the most important one (Rio 2016, of course)...

With the World Championships coming up, I think that Giedrius Titenis, Danas Rapšys and Simonas Bilis are our only realistic contenders for finals and/or perhaps a medal.

Rūta Meilutytė, I think, is going to have an awful performance, I don't even think she'll qualify to the final, looking at her constantly regressing results. What a shame.

11 minutes ago, Werloc said:

With the World Championships coming up, I think that Giedrius Titenis, Danas Rapšys and Simonas Bilis are our only realistic contenders for finals and/or perhaps a medal.

Rūta Meilutytė, I think, is going to have an awful performance, I don't even think she'll qualify to the final, looking at her constantly regressing results. What a shame.

What happened to Meilutyte? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

I think he said it, constant regressing of results. :p

Well, yeah, but I meant maybe she's had some injury or some issues that led to this :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile, Croatian swimming :facepalm:

Worst team ever in pool. Semifinals are impossible. And it seemed that better times were coming with Samardzic's semifinals in Rio (she's not even competing here).

We also managed to destroy our talented open water team. Šitić pretty much disappeared after that great 12th place in London (20 year old at the time). We also had very successful juniors on the men's side, not anymore...

#banbestmen

well, even one of our swimmers (who has obviously absolutely no chance for semifinals) defeated Meilutyte last month in Bratislava, so I think that´s say a lot..

http://www.teraz.sk/sport/podmanikova-vc-slovenska-plavanie/262012-clanok.html (100m prsia is 100m breaststroke)

100 m breaststroke: 1. Andrea Podmaniková (Piraňa Topolčany) 1:09,06, 2. Ruta Meilutyte (Lit.) +0,59, 3. Agne Seleikaite (Lit.) +2,17