website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

Totallympics

Just now, heywoodu said:

Damn. What happened to the other two, they tested positive/didn't test at all or something like that, or was the problem the way they entered Germany? Damn, these times :mad: 

Yep, contact with a positive person, Koristek was already in a 10 days home quarantine in Slovakia until last Monday. :GER sadly put :SVK last week on the black list, so we can not enter the country without forced quarantine. So we had like millions of problems with all papers, etc.. for just entering Deutschland.

We will not have any special team staff in the WCH, only 2 guys will travel with the coach, so we will have to pay for our skis to bewaxed by :POL & :CZE teams servicemens...

Also our skiers were accomodated 30 km away from Oberstdorf, so they will spend all their time only by travelling to the stadium and to the testing centers...

nah...

article in slovak, if you are interested...try google translator https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/484984/ms-v-severskom-lyzovani-narocne-podmienky-a-specialne-vynimky-slovaci-chcu-postup-z-kvalifikacie/?AT=wgt.hp_hp-mohlobyvaszaujimat.c.x...A.1

56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Seriously, what's up with Iran having six women and six men whereas no other nation has more than four of any gender :d

just checked Iran Ski Fed website, they sent only 8 athletes (plus 2 coaches) to Germany. no idea how there are 12 names on the list when they registered only 8. :mumble:

btw if it was up to me I would shot down the ski federation and send them all to a labor camp in North Korea, complete waste of time and money. :d each year they participate and always make the same excuses after getting extremely poor results. this year will be even worse, most ski resorts were closed until few weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

just checked Iran Ski Fed website, they sent only 8 athletes (plus 2 coaches) to Germany. no idea how there are 12 names on the list when they registered only 8. :mumble:

btw if it was up to me I would shot down the ski federation and send them all to a labor camp in North Korea, complete waste of time and money. :d each year they participate and always make the same excuses after getting extremely poor results. this year will be even worse, most ski resorts were closed until few weeks ago.

Sending them to a labor camp in North Korea seems a bit harsh though :d (hopefully at least you don't mean the skiers :p)

Interesting, although not the first time small nations' federations do and think weird stuff. Anyhow, four women it is then :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sending them to a labor camp in North Korea seems a bit harsh though :d (hopefully at least you don't mean the skiers :p)

Interesting, although not the first time small nations' federations do and think weird stuff. Anyhow, four women it is then :p 

I mean the whole winter sports community :d most of them are related. you always see familiar surnames. and they (I mean all of them, officials, coaches, athletes and even commentators) always make the same excuses after each competition, their mentality is like we go to a competition, have fun, finish last, come back home and make excuses. and they are lucky nobody cares about winter sports here.

PS: obviously that labor camp part was a joke. the point is they are not trying hard to improve. it's just having fun for them. like a family holiday

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

It is pretty common here too (at least in Winter sports other than alpine skiing).

I still cringe at everything that Obratov used to sell as an excuse for getting poor results.

Don't bitch against our Dutch luge heroes :mad: 

:p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Curious about the women from Colombia and Portugal, neither of them have any FIS results yet :p 

I've heard the Mexican lady being described as 'very nice', so I'm cheering for her too now :d 

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

Upon an inspection, it turns out that Crnković has better FIS points than Skender. Obviously he is exempt from the qualification race.

I'd like to think this means the racers can breathe a sigh of relief...

The men, yes. The women on the other hand..... :lol:

Was this really necessary, Baiba?