website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2017

heywoodu

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Wow, only 22km time trial. :d They really didn't wanna see Froome winning again. :p

I really don't think 22 or 45km would have made a serious difference in his chances :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This should be for Roglic today, before the Tour he would already be considered the favourite for today of course, but after showing some great shape...favourite number 1 :d 

I'd say Froome goes for 2nd, and let's say Kwiatkowski tops off his mutant-like Tour de France with a 3rd place, because why not. Maybe Küng in the top5 but I think the climb (which is seriously hard) is too much for him, just like for Tony Martin who isn't in good shape anyway for a long time. Kiriyenka might add the top-5 as well if he can survive the climb, but that's less likely than Kwiatkowski who'll take some magic for breakfast and then can do literally anything from climbing to time trialing to sprinting to cobblestone riding :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This stage isn't just important for the top riders in the tour, it may very well decide the manager tournament I'm in. 

It will be Mollema, Kwiatkowski, Bodnar and Sütterlin (My team) against Kiryienka, Boasson Hagen, Uran and Matthews (no. 2's team). The rest of our teams are identical and I'm in a decent lead before the stage.

What do you think, @heywoodu? :p

Just now, Agger said:

This stage isn't just important for the top riders in the tour, it may very well decide the manager tournament I'm in. 

It will be Mollema, Kwiatkowski, Bodnar and Sütterlin (My team) against Kiryienka, Boasson Hagen, Uran and Matthews (no. 2's team). The rest of our teams are identical and I'm in a decent lead before the stage.

What do you think, @heywoodu? :p

His team: Kiriyenka is good but I doubt this very steep climb is good for him, Boasson Hagen is a decent time trialist but gave absolutely everything he had yesterday, I doubt he's got much left. Uran is not very impressive (but in a good shape) and Matthews, nah.

Your team: Mollema doesn't seem likely to have a high position today, Sütterlin should be good but he's been rather invisible so far...Bodnar is good and Kwiatkowski is the mutant of all mutants who will lead your team to victory :p 

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

His team: Kiriyenka is good but I doubt this very steep climb is good for him, Boasson Hagen is a decent time trialist but gave absolutely everything he had yesterday, I doubt he's got much left. Uran is not very impressive (but in a good shape) and Matthews, nah.

Your team: Mollema doesn't seem likely to have a high position today, Sütterlin should be good but he's been rather invisible so far...Bodnar is good and Kwiatkowski is the mutant of all mutants who will lead your team to victory :p 

Now that I think about it, I feel pretty stupid for not having Uran there. Because a 2nd place in the GC gives 90.000 (I'm leading by about 300.000). That's the same as an 8th place on the stage (though that one gives some money from points as well)