Men's Greco-Roman semis (the winners qualify for the Games):

- 59kg

Sanal SEMENOV (RUS) vs. Aleksandar Stoyanov KOSTADINOV (BUL) 11-2
Stig-Andre BERGE (NOR) vs. Kristian FRIS (SRB) 0-8

-66kg

Tamas LORINCZ (HUN) vs. Dominik ETLINGER (CRO) 6-2
Shmagi BOLKVADZE (GEO) vs. Dawid KARECINSKI (POL) 5-0

Edited by phelps

Expert, I need help. If you were to name 3-4 athletes who had the biggest chance to win gold in Rio, who would you name? The only one I can think of is Abdulrashid Sadulaev who is apparently destroying the field in his class :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Expert, I need help. If you were to name 3-4 athletes who had the biggest chance to win gold in Rio, who would you name? The only one I can think of is Abdulrashid Sadulaev who is apparently destroying the field in his class :p 

him, Jordan Burroughs, maybe Mijain Lopez (unless he sells his soul once again to Turkey as he did twice before) and maybe Taha Akgul, beside that there is no clear favorite for gold in other weights and I'm only talking about men's wrestling.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

him, Jordan Burroughs, maybe Mijain Lopez (unless he sells his soul once again to Turkey as he did twice before) and maybe Taha Akgul, beside that there is no clear favorite for gold in other weights and I'm only talking about men's wrestling.

Thank you sir :hatoff:

I just remembered about the two Japanese women as well, Kaori Icho and Saori Yoshida. Even though Icho had her first loss in 13 years this year, I suppose they're still the major favorites again. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

I hope Frank Chamizo can also storm through his rivals as he did last year in Las Vegas...:p

I don't consider winning so many close matches as "storming" , he didn't dominate his opponents, mostly winning on last second points, he is just one of the favorites, not the top favorite, he had few losses recently.