website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

43 minutes ago, kapil857 said:

Does anyone know how the 3rd qualifier will be determined in Mongolia ??? Will there be an additional bout between the two bronze medalists ??

Most likely yes. Similar to the format in continental boxing qualifiers. An Olympic box-off between two bronze medalists.

it`d be nice to have another 1+1+1 in after Mongolia (Łukasiak, Zasina, Michalik, Osocka, Baran, Janikowski, Bernatek etc certainly can do it)

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

7 hours ago, intoronto said:

Favs for freestyle?

Hard to say since we just have a preliminary roster (even some qualified wrestlers are there) but based on that list (which is not final) I can name few wrestlers in each weight

Yatsenko (UKR)

Andreyev (BLR)

Akgul (TUR)

Hasanzada (AZE)

Tomar (IND)

Batirov (BRN)

Kantoyev (BLR)

Nvoachkov (BUL)

Garcia (CAN)

Zhumagaziyev (KAZ)

Sava (MDA)

Molinaro (USA)

This is the toughest weight, I named these guys but there are much more good wrestlers, we have PRK, JPN, TUR, GEO even Romania

Kurbanov (UZB)

I can't see another "favorite" here, wide competition, something like 10 wrestlers are almost in the same level. if Turkey enters Demirtas I would put him in the favorite list too , one of my favorites Modolvia Nedealco is also here

Again, can't see any top favorite here, I give more chance to Cox (USA), Ceballos (VEN), Ianulov (MDA), Usmanov (UZB) or Stefan (ROU), Ukraine didn't enter Aldatov here yet and their wrestler here is unknown to me but he has to be good.

Again hard to chose any favorite here, I give more chance to the Mongolian guy, whoever Turkey sends, KOR, JPN and MDA,

Ligeti (HUN)

Deng (CHN)

Lazarev (HUN)

the guy Gagloev from SVK lost only 1-1 to Zaseyev (who is a medal fav in Rio) I wonder if it was fluke or he is this good.

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Hard to say since we just have a preliminary roster (even some qualified wrestlers are there) but based on that list (which is not final) I can name few wrestlers in each weight

Yatsenko (UKR)

Andreyev (BLR)

Akgul (TUR)

Hasanzada (AZE)

Tomar (IND)

Batirov (BRN)

Kantoyev (BLR)

Nvoachkov (BUL)

Garcia (CAN)

Zhumagaziyev (KAZ)

Sava (MDA)

Molinaro (USA)

This is the toughest weight, I named these guys but there are much more good wrestlers, we have PRK, JPN, TUR, GEO even Romania

Kurbanov (UZB)

I can't see another "favorite" here, wide competition, something like 10 wrestlers are almost in the same level. if Turkey enters Demirtas I would put him in the favorite list too , one of my favorites Modolvia Nedealco is also here

Again, can't see any top favorite here, I give more chance to Cox (USA), Ceballos (VEN), Ianulov (MDA), Usmanov (UZB) or Stefan (ROU), Ukraine didn't enter Aldatov here yet and their wrestler here is unknown to me but he has to be good.

Again hard to chose any favorite here, I give more chance to the Mongolian guy, whoever Turkey sends, KOR, JPN and MDA,

Ligeti (HUN)

Deng (CHN)

Lazarev (HUN)

the guy Gagloev from SVK lost only 1-1 to Zaseyev (who is a medal fav in Rio) I wonder if it was fluke or he is this good.

and :FRA ???

16 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yatsenko (UKR)

Andreyev (BLR)

Akgul (TUR)

Hasanzada (AZE)

Tomar (IND)

Batirov (BRN)

Kantoyev (BLR)

Nvoachkov (BUL)

Garcia (CAN)

Zhumagaziyev (KAZ)

Sava (MDA)

Molinaro (USA)

Kurbanov (UZB)

Ligeti (HUN)

Deng (CHN)

Lazarev (HUN)

well Gagloev. he won last year a tournament in Bulgaria (Dan Kolov tournament) and finished 5th at European Games. thats all what I noticed about him. He is living and training in Russia in Vladikavkaz the whole year. and yes.. as I read this week some quotes of our coaches after the qualifying tournament in SRB, they said that he was very unlucky with the draw and lost in 1st round against Zaseyev only because the ukrainian scored last :wall: ...our traditional luck...no comment,

and btw don´t know if its true or only a bullshit, but I read a rumour that there a possibility that Istvan levai could be declared innoceent and enter the last qualifying tournaent..but I don´t trust our media too much, so I don´t think it´s true.