website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Oh dear... :( Is heywoodu gonna be OK?

Much as I love the Birds of Prey, it's still less iconic than Lake Louise...but f*ck, this isn't good news :mad:

8e4b1195929bed441fb6fc1ac4fa3328e3799f1f

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Postponement of snow control Lake Louise (CAN)

This is to inform you that the cold weather has arrived in Lake Louise (CAN) but still a lot of snow making to be done before we can confirm the Ladies’ Audi FIS Ski World Cup races in Lake Louise (CAN). Next snow control will taken place on Monday 21st November 2016 (12 :00 Lake Louise local time).

Beaver Creek races rescheduled for Val d'Isère

This is to inform you that the Audi FIS Ski World Cup races from Beaver Creek (USA) are rescheduled for Val d'Isère (FRA) on 2nd, 3rd and 4th December 2016, according to the following program:

• Wednesday 30th November: DH training
  • Thursday 1st December: DH training
  • Friday 2nd December: SG race, starting at 11.00 (tbc)
  • Saturday 3rd December: DH race, starting at 11.00 (tbc)
  • Sunday 4th December: GS race, starting at 10.00 / 13.00

Positive snow control for Lake Louise (CAN)

This is to inform you that the Ladies’ Audi FIS Ski World Cup races in Lake Louise (CAN) are confirmed following the official snow control from today 21st November 2016. As scheduled, the races will take place on 2nd - 4th December 2016.

Awesome :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Another one in the injury list. Fritz Dopfer with a broken leg and is out for the rest of the season.

Strange last paragraph from FIS :p

For Germany's Fritz Dopfer, a crash in Sunday's training in Zillertal resulted in a fracture of the tibia and fibula on his left lower leg.

The 29 years old World Championship Silver medallist in slalom underwent surgery right away and will be able to start with physiotherapy from tomorrow on. His return on the ski slopes is not to expect within the next six weeks.

Unfortunately, this means that the season is over for Fritz Dopfer. “It happened very quickly,” Dopfer said. “I lost control over my skis during a warm-up run and I crashed. The outcome of this crash is bitter. People who know me can tell that I surmounted other setbacks in my career. So I will tackle rehabilitation with discipline, as I always did, in order to be competitive again in the Olympic season.”

We wish a quick and full recovery to Fritz Dopfer, and hope that he will come back in his best shape, to break his infamous record of “active male athlete with the most World Cup podium placements (9) without a win”.

"We hope he will break his record and stay without wins" :p 

Carmen Thalmann's hooligans can pack it up as well, torn ACL and end of the season :( 

http://www.krone.at/wintersport/ski-schock-carmen-thalmann-erleidet-kreuzbandriss-saison-aus-story-540355

Brem, Dopfer, Thalmann in a matter of weeks..damn.

Edited by heywoodu