website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

@OlympicIRL looks great. Plus, it makes @dcro happy, and no one likes an unhappy dcro :p

Are you going to post that all at once, or spread it out over a series of posts for each match? 

I should add that I really like the graphics for this edition :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@OlympicIRL looks great. Plus, it makes @dcro happy, and no one likes an unhappy dcro :p

Are you going to post that all at once, or spread it out over a series of posts for each match? 

I should add that I really like the graphics for this edition :yes

Well the idea of having the spoilers is to prevent the need for cluttering the thread with too many posts so probably better to post it at once. And I guess users can still see the order the votes unfolded and deliver whatever amount of suspense they want by going as slow or as quickly as they wish.

But for the final group matches I will post them one at a time.

14 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I’m still open to suggestions about how you want the results revealed. If I reveal them one at a time then there’s no point with the spoilers but if we are all happy to go ahead with the format above then I can go ahead with that.

You could do it in three parts. 
Part one: 0-0 scoreboard with match time/date, the voting explanation, and the dressage judging diagram

Part two: begin post with “And let’s see how the judges scored the match”, with the 8 votes in spoilers.

Part three: final scoreboard outside of the spoiler

I think it’s fine in one long post too. This is just a thought I had.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

You could do it in three parts. 
Part one: 0-0 scoreboard with match time/date, the voting explanation, and the dressage judging diagram

Part two: begin post with “And let’s see how the judges scored the match”, with the 8 votes in spoilers.

I think it’s fine in one long post too. This is just a thought I had.

Thanks for the feedback :yes

Ok then maybe I will just try it with the format I posted with a single post. It seems like a good compromise between what some want (not too much scrolling and the option to just see the result) and for those who want to see the match progression and have a kind of reveal. So they can reveal one by one themselves using the spoiler function and go as slow or fast as they wish.

Right, time to get some templates created :d 

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Unfortunately, this would make it possible for someone to accidentally see the final outcome before any of the individual votes (while scrolling through pages).

#banbestmen

That moment when you come back home after a small trip and get all excited for the results of the first day, because it's the 22nd now, only to see that it's a couple of minutes past midnight and the results are not here for the next twenty hours :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Werloc said:

That moment when you come back home after a small trip and get all excited for the results of the first day, because it's the 22nd now, only to see that it's a couple of minutes past midnight and the results are not here for the next twenty hours :rolleyes:

That moment when you realise that it's the 22nd now and you start panicking because you have to create lots of templates :cheerlieconfused: