website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest - Special Event

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

To be fair, it's something we are very much used to as sports fans. Opening up a link and having the suspense resolved all at once. :d Tbh waiting for a link to open / page to refresh is already like waiting for a spoiler to open. :dunno:

But alright.

And many sports fans also like to watch the event unfold especially if there is an option to watch it and they have time to do so. And if not they can look at the results as you said :p

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

And many sports fans also like to watch the event unfold especially if they are present at the time the match is taking place. And if not they can look at the results as you said :p

Ok, can we at least then have all group fixtures available in one place where they would be updated on a daily basis? In the opening post for example?

While I can get the idea of users wanting some suspense, I do believe there should be a place where everyone can easily get full overview of the results, without having to scroll through pages and pages of posts just to compare standings between various grops etc.

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ok, can we at least then have all group fixtures available in one place where they would be updated on a daily basis? In the opening post for example?

While I can get the idea of users wanting some suspense, I do believe there should be a place where everyone can easily get full overview of the results, without having to scroll through pages and pages of posts just to compare standings between various grops etc.

I have a link to the groups in the first post.

I have already asked @Sindo about moving them to the second post so that would be useful too. You can easily check the results from there, don't understand why there is any issue.

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Sorry, I just copied an old template from the AIBA.

I saw that post, thought "I hope nobody made an AIBA joke yet, quick!" and now I'm disappointed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

46 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Just posting the results is such as waste. 
If it’s too much bother to open the spoilers, just click on the last one ;) 

Agree. imagine if you knew only that the final result is 4-3 for Uzbekistan, not figuring out that Togo lead 3-0 in the half time :d 

3 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Agree. imagine if you knew only that the final result is 4-3 for Uzbekistan, not figuring out that Togo lead 3-0 in the half time :d 

I would dearly love to know what happened to the 8th judge in that match also. Maybe he never made it to the voting booth :d

One last thing. Since we are going with a sports theme, how about using dressage arena lettering to denote various judges? :d

It would be as follows:

• Judge K
  • Judge E
  • Judge H
  • Judge C
  • Judge M
  • Judge B
  • Judge F
  • Judge A (does not exist in practice, but would be a logical continuation)

_U-O9_gPKO8paqR0SkXROdrKGlxOwy_Kg2cGrhij

This could make for a smart design too ( @OlympicIRL would design it better I'm sure ). :d

K       E       H  
  :ATA Antarctica v. Greenland :GRL  
A C

F       B       M  

7 spoilers later...

Spoiler
  :ATA       :ATA       :GRL  
  :ATA Antarctica 6 - 2 Greenland :GRL  
:ATA :ATA

:ATA       :GRL       :ATA  

Would have to be changed once the number of judges per match increases (following the group stage).

#banbestmen

22 minutes ago, dcro said:

One last thing. Since we are going with a sports theme, how about using dressage arena lettering to denote various judges? :d

It would be as follows:

• Judge K
  • Judge E
  • Judge H
  • Judge C
  • Judge M
  • Judge B
  • Judge F
  • Judge A (does not exist in practice, but would be a logical continuation)

_U-O9_gPKO8paqR0SkXROdrKGlxOwy_Kg2cGrhij

Reveal hidden contents

Would have to be changed once the number of judges per match increases (following the group stage).

I like that idea a lot, we can incorporate that into the current template.... so for example, I changed the Judge names below to reflect the letters in the dressage format. I know it doesn't have the same rectangle format as in the other design but a scorecard like the one below would be easier for me to modify as needed throughout the compeition. What you think?

Group Z

Wednesday, July 22nd 2020, 19:00 (GMT +1)

:UZB UZB 8 vs 0  :NAM NAM
113-1137132_icon-check-png-check-verde-p Judge K  
113-1137132_icon-check-png-check-verde-p Judge E  
113-1137132_icon-check-png-check-verde-p Judge H  
113-1137132_icon-check-png-check-verde-p Judge C  
113-1137132_icon-check-png-check-verde-p Judge M  
113-1137132_icon-check-png-check-verde-p Judge B  
113-1137132_icon-check-png-check-verde-p Judge F  
113-1137132_icon-check-png-check-verde-p Judge A