website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am so incredibly angry at the last bit of news out of the Dutch camp...Yuri van Gelder has left the Olympic Village yesterday, drank some alcohol and came back early in the morning. Obviously that's plain stupid, but worse: our NOC has now sent him home. He won't compete in the rings final.

:facepalm:

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

:facepalm:

After all those years of missing out on the Olympics because of completely bizarre FIG rules, using recreational drugs (not performance enhancing stuff, but that addicting crap like cocaine) and whatever, he finally managed to go to the Olympics...he qualified for a freaking Olympic final, his lifelong dream! He had it! :facepalm:

How on Earth can you be so stupid to throw that away?!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I am so incredibly angry at the last bit of news out of the Dutch camp...Yuri van Gelder has left the Olympic Village yesterday, drank some alcohol and came back early in the morning. Obviously that's plain stupid, but worse: our NOC has now sent him home. He won't compete in the rings final.

:wall:Well, competing in the olympic final wasn't really his priority obviously...

21 horas atrás, juddy96 disse:

Do you see any chance of possibly Olsen sneaking a bronze?

Well, she's in the final, so everything can happen. But Biles, Hong, Paseka, Steingruber and Chusovitina are way too far ahead in difficulty now, in my opinion. 

il y a 27 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

After all those years of missing out on the Olympics because of completely bizarre FIG rules, using recreational drugs (not performance enhancing stuff, but that addicting crap like cocaine) and whatever, he finally managed to go to the Olympics...he qualified for a freaking Olympic final, his lifelong dream! He had it! :facepalm:

How on Earth can you be so stupid to throw that away?!

This is very sad :cry:

41 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

Unbelievable!  That makes Danny Pinheiro-Rodrigues an Olympic finalist now. It looks like France was destined to be part of the Rings final, anyway, after the horrible injury of Ait Said.

Edited by thiago_simoes

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Unbelievable!  That makes Danny Pinheiro-Rodrigues an Olympic finalist now. It looks like France was destined to be part of the Rings final, anyway, after the horrible injury of Ait Said.

To lighten things up: who do you see as main contenders on the high bar? I really enjoyed the routines of Wilson and Leyva (apart from his "fall" of course) today and since they're both in the final, that could promise a fantastic fight.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 horas atrás, wpwells disse:

It was a joke that McKayla Maroney got silver and not gold. Get a grip, dude.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? She could not land her second vault properly. The joke is she was still awarded a silver medal after counting a fall.

11 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

To lighten things up: who do you see as main contenders on the high bar? I really enjoyed the routines of Wilson and Leyva (apart from his "fall" of course) today and since they're both in the final, that could promise a fantastic fight.. 

I'm not a fan of Wilson's routine. He has a bunch of small technical mistakes that should be more severely deducted. I have to say I'm rooting for Hambuechen because he's fought so hard for an Olympic gold medal... But I still think Zonderland will win again. My personal top 3 would be Hambuechen, Zonderland and Leyva for a medal, but we can't really count on Hambuechen and Leyva hitting their routines... Both are very inconsistent.

Edited by thiago_simoes

12 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? She could not land her second vault properly. The joke is she was still awarded a silver medal after counting a fall.

No, I clearly have no idea. I'm just a stupid American.