website statistics

Men's Flag Football IFAF World Championship 2024

• 2 weeks later...

The men's and women's world flag football championships start today in Lahti, Finland. These are the first world championships of an Olympic event towards Los Angeles 2028.

All matches (and all five fields) can be viewed for free on ifaf.tv and Olympic Channel, except in the United States.

I'll try to figure it out now, but my track record with the classic variant is bad, as I always fell asleep from boredom during the superbowls :p

Edited by Gianlu33

Why are the countries on the back of the jerseys instead of the players names? Seriously if they want to grow the sport more at least let us know who’s playing. 

Edit: Just realized that Brazil’s jerseys had the names on them, maybe it was just a Finland thing :p

Edited by Josh

12 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

The men's and women's world flag football championships start today in Lahti, Finland. These are the first world championships of an Olympic event towards Los Angeles 2028.

All matches (and all five fields) can be viewed for free on ifaf.tv and Olympic Channel, except in the United States.

I'll try to figure it out now, but my track record with the classic variant is bad, as I always fell asleep from boredom during the superbowls :p

What field will Canada-Italy be on?

I watch NHL a fair bit, and I have to say I’m not much of a fan of non-tackle football  :p

This seems like a more, well… lame version with a whole bunch of no names (no offence to them of course, just haven’t heard of any of them before)

I’lll try my best to give it a chance and see if the sport grows on me.