website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 3

12 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

In order of positivity:

Women's Windsurfing - 2 races completed, Emma Wilson taking a 1st and 2nd so has a 5-point lead over Italy. Races 3-5 postponed.

Men's 49er - Halfway through the opening series. GB currently sitting in 8th place after struggling in the 1st 3 races before finding some reasonable form in races 4-6 - improving from a 6th to 5th and finally a 4th in the last race. I'd say the gold and silver medal likely to be out of reach, but the Brits are very much in the battle for the bronze. They are 9 points off bronze, but pretty much all of the teams currently sitting in 3rd to 7th are counting a double-digit score. 

Men's Windsurfing - Only 1 race completed but Sam Sills finished 21st so he will be hoping that will be his discard score.

Women's 49er FX - The women are having an absolute mare and won't be in the medal race. They are dead last having been black flagged in race 4 and then finishing 20th in race 6. Add to that a 16th and a 14th, and the crew are quickly racking up a cricket score. 

Are those as expected - I.e that the two that are medal contenders are but the other two were never contenders? 

16 minutes ago, RussB said:

I don’t think that’s quite right. GBR can claw back ground on the floor at the end… they need to be clean on high bar and parallel bars though 

Maybe but I think it need to be an incredible floor.

Just now, Orangehair43 said:

Maybe but I think it need to be an incredible floor.

When you have Jake and Luke you have a real chance to make a huge dent 

It’s shame the near total absence of Russians and Belarusians probably won’t give us many if any extra medals across the games. At previous games we have had many fourths behind a Russian medalist. 

Edited by Orangehair43

Gymnastics heads, do we still have a chance?

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

6 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

Gymnastics heads, do we still have a chance?

No chance. 

Sadly we have gone backwards in this event - we would have medalled in Rio and Tokyo if Russia had been banned. 

Edited by Orangehair43