website statistics

Team GB Daily: Days -2, -1, 0

image.png

Welcome to Team GB Daily, the Daily thread for Team GB in Paris on Totallympics! Catch the whole Team GB schedule in UK time, and discuss the day's events

SCHEDULE

24 Jul

25 Jul

0830 ARCHERY WOMEN'S INDIVIDUAL: Ranking Round - Megan Havers, Penny Healey, Byrony Pitman

41. PITMAN 646 (20 10)

49. HAVERS 635

52. HEALEY 631 (18 10)

TEAM: 11. 1912

Pitman will face :MEX Angela Ruiz in the Round of 16, Havers will face :ESP Elia Canales, Healey will face :KOR Hunyoung Jeon. The team will face :GER in the preliminary round. The mixed team uses Pitman's score and is provisionally 23rd.

1315 ARCHERY MEN'S INDIVIDUAL: Ranking Round - Conor Hall, Tom Hall, Alex Wise

27. WISE 664

46. HALL C 652 (24 10)

51. HALL T 645

TEAM: 12. 1961

MIXED TEAM: 19. 1310

Wise will face :CHN Li Zhongyuan in the Round of 16, C Hall will face :FRA Jean-Charles Valladont and T Hall will face :IND Tarundeep Rai. The men's team will face :TPE. The mixed team is eliminated.

26 Jul

1900 Opening Ceremony

Question of the Day

A bit of fun, answer the questions to earn points on the leaderboard to see who has the best ball knowledge

Archery: Do we qualify for the mixed team event? No

Opening Ceremony: Who are the flagbearers for Team GB? Tom Daley and Helen Glover

Leaderboard

No-one's on it yet bc this is the first day

Medals

0/0/0

Edited by Mkbw50

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

42 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

My QOTD answers

Archery: Yes

Opening Ceremony: Tom Daley (Diving) and Helen Glover (Rowing)

no corrections to be made here,

annoyed more now than i was at the time that men's sevens didn't qualify to make the next couple of days a even more exciting

Edited by Olympicsnell

QOTD:

1. Yes

2. Carl Hester (Dressage - Equestrian) and Helen Glover (rowing)

I'm gutted about the men's 7s failure too, I'll be at the quarter finals and would have been great to support them. Excitement levels though are escalating!

BBC's schedule. They are showing the rugby sevens this week, but not any of the football or handball - too big a cut of their 300 hour allowance obviously.  Then once the actual competition starts, they're keeping it vague to allow a lot of jumping about from place to place depending on prospects.

BBC Sport - Olympics - Next on

In general I imagine that BBC One on the main screen and then Eurosport on your other screens for specific events is the way to go

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

2 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

In general I imagine that BBC One on the main screen and then Eurosport on your other screens for specific events is the way to go

I bought discovery plus for £3.99, which gives me access to every event, which I don’t think eurosport does.

For QOTD

Yes

Helen Glover and Tom Daley

50 minutes ago, TeamGB said:

I bought discovery plus for £3.99, which gives me access to every event, which I don’t think eurosport does.

For QOTD

Yes

Helen Glover and Tom Daley

If I remember correctly from the winter Olympics, on Sky at least, Eurosport had a separate channel for each of the events but I am not sure if they are doing the same thing for Paris.

For anyone who has Sky and hasn't done it already, definitely worth setting up your free Discovery+ subscription. 

On 7/23/2024 at 1:38 PM, RussB said:

QOTD:

1. Yes

2. Carl Hester (Dressage - Equestrian) and Helen Glover (rowing)

I'm gutted about the men's 7s failure too, I'll be at the quarter finals and would have been great to support them. Excitement levels though are escalating!

I would have supported this nomination before the video - Hester deserves it but impossible to do now

On 7/23/2024 at 5:03 PM, Rafa Maciel said:

If I remember correctly from the winter Olympics, on Sky at least, Eurosport had a separate channel for each of the events but I am not sure if they are doing the same thing for Paris.

For anyone who has Sky and hasn't done it already, definitely worth setting up your free Discovery+ subscription. 

Believe the 7 extra ES Channels pop-up tomorrow on Sky & Virgin. To resume - 4 of them will be dedicated to the big fortnight long team sports & three others will be divided up as need be with the shorter-running sports like archery, canoe slalom, badminton etc etc.

Edited by Grassmarket