website statistics

Badminton & Table Tennis at Paris Olympics

Viktor Axelsen praised Lakshya Sen despite the Indian shuttler's loss in men's singles badminton semi-final on Sunday (Aug 4) at the ongoing Paris Olympics 2024.

Axelsen, the reigning world champion, however said that the India shuttler will be a gold medal contender during the next Olympics.

These rings do strange things to you. I know what they do to you mentally. Lakshya is the first Indian men’s singles player in the Olympic semifinals. No man in India has done what he has done. He’s already thinking of what is ahead. I could see that he was tensed. I knew he was getting nervous and It’s at that point that I have to be ready to take advantage of his mistake. I just have to keep the shuttle on court and wait for his mistake,” Axelsen said after win against Sen.

“I’ve gone through what he had before. But he’s going to be a real contender for the 2028 Olympics. I think the difference in experience made a difference today,” he added.

I remember our previous encounter against :ROU very clearly. It was in Olympics 2020 Team Qualification and we lost a close 3-2 to them. But the image of Daniela Dodean dancing over the the table after she Batra somehow remained etched in my mind. Glad we beat them

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 4.26.07 PM.png