website statistics

[POLL-SWIMMING] Which country will be the King of Pool at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024? Road to Paris 2024

[POLL] Which country will be the King of Pool at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which country will be the King of Pool?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/23/2024 at 11:20 AM

Posted (edited)

King of Pool means basically top the medal tally in pool ie swimming.

Sub Poll

1. Which 3 swimmers are you most excited for?

2. Your 3 Brave predictions for Swimming at Paris

3. Your country's swimming predictions

Edited by Sindo

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Sub Poll

1.Ariarne Titmus, Summer McIntosh, Thomas Ceccon (mention of Honor for Rikako Ikee, because of her personal history)

2.Ceccon winning both men's 100m and 200m Backstroke; Marchand flopping big time (= no gold for him); Paltrinieri doin'it again (= getting a podium in the pool and in the open water)

3.7 total medals: 2 gold medals (Ceccon, men's 100m + 200m backstroke), 2 silver medals (Paltrinieri, men's 1500m free; Quadarella, women's 1500m free), 3 bronze medals (Martinenghi, men's 100m breaststroke; men's 4*100m free relay; men's 4*100m medley relay)

depending on participation (Titmus and/or McIntosh might/should miss the women's 800m free), Quadarella might get a silver or bronze also in that race, improving the total to 8

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

1.Ariarne Titmus, Summer McIntosh, Thomas Ceccon (mention of Honor for Rikako Ikee, because of her personal history)

2.Ceccon winning both men's 100m and 200m Backstroke; Marchand flopping big time (= no gold for him); Paltrinieri doin'it again (= getting a podium in the pool and in the open water)

3.7 total medals: 2 gold medals (Ceccon, men's 100m + 200m backstroke), 2 silver medals (Paltrinieri, men's 1500m free; Quadarella, women's 1500m free), 3 bronze medals (Martinenghi, men's 100m breaststroke; men's 4*100m free relay; men's 4*100m medley relay)

depending on participation (Titmus and/or McIntosh might/should miss the women's 800m free), Quadarella might get a silver or bronze also in that race, improving the total to 8

Titmus will be competing in the 800 free most likely. 

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

King of Pool means basically top the medal tally in pool ie swimming.

Sub Poll

Well for one, I think US is going to top the medal table based off of Trials results so far, Australia’s men’s squad is a bit of a question mark. 

1. Caleb Dressel, Sarah Sjostrom, but mainly Summer McIntosh. 

2. McIntosh only wins one Olympic gold in the women’s 400m individual medley (I hope I’m wrong…), Jackl wins silver with a HUGE PB, Haughey wins gold over MOC in the women’s 100m freestyle, a random no name medals in the men’s 200m freestyle, and Walsh doesn’t win gold in the women’s 100m butterfly. I know that’s 5 :facepalm:

3. Gold for McIntosh in the women’s 400m individual medley, silver in the women’s 200m individual medley/200m butterfly, and bronze in the women’s 400m freestyle. Bronze for Maggie MacNeil in the women’s 100m butterfly, Kylie Masse in the women’s 100m backstroke, women’s 4x100m medley relay, and silver for Josh Liendo in the men’s 100m butterfly (behind Dressel). 8 medals but only 1 gold. 

Summer McIntosh, Leon Marchand and Marrit Steenbergen

I don't know enough about swimming to make good predictions, but I'll try. I predict Adam Peaty to make a great comeback to win the 100m breaststroke, Leon Marchand to win the 400m medley in a world record (lapping his competition) and at least one controversial disqualification of a medal candidate in a relay.

:NED I'm predicting three silvers: Marrit Steenbergen W 100m freestyle and Tes Schouten W 100m+200m breaststroke.