website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Tactically, Giles has run like a drain his entire career. It's almost supernatural!

Well, there's that as well. But even still, he and Reekie had the same problem - no kick to call on in the home straight.

That steeple DSQ is very, very harsh, especially with the leniency being shown in the sprints.

3 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Terrible start from Dina there but maybe showing some of the strength that she has been working on over the summer.

Sub 11 with a start like an absolute clown is quite impressive, actually.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Well, there's that as well. But even still, he and Reekie had the same problem - no kick to call on in the home straight.

That steeple DSQ is very, very harsh, especially with the leniency being shown in the sprints.

I'm tempted to hold fire on the 1500 joy because that barge by Ciara, while legit in race, was bordering on assault! If Jemma had finished 4th rather than 5th, I wonder...

I hope Jemma concentrates on 800, where I genuinely think she still has a Paris medal shout in the right race - the extra two laps just takes too much sting out of her finish, which isn't fabulous to begin with..

and yes, that SC DQ looks horrific, stand by for appeal methinks

Edited by mpjmcevoy