website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I'm tempted to hold fire on the 1500 joy because that barge by Ciara, while legit in race, was bordering on assault! If Jemma had finished 4th rather than 5th, I wonder...

I hope Gemma concentrates on 800, where I genuinely think she still has a Paris medal shout in the right race - the extra two laps just takes too much sting out of her finish, which isn't fabulous to begin with..

As I said before, I'm not convinced there was much to the push. I think Reekie was going backwards.

I think she was hoping that she could steal a gold here by having too much of a kick for Ciara in the home straight in a relatively slow race (turned out the exact opposite!)

I doubt she's thinking of 1500m in Paris - thus far in her career she's not shown that she has the stamina to stay with the very best over that distance. 800m she's still the best of the rest behind the Big 3 for me.

8 minutes ago, dodge said:

Very, very fussy officials 

no way that deserved a DSQ

Delighted for Mageean. She’s a true lover of her sport and literally the whole country loves her back 

You wait for one European Championships gold medal for 26 years...

3 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Nice to see Mayer back. Here's hoping he finishes all 10 disciplines. 

His last complete Decathlon was in Eugene in 2022.. :facepalm::(

13 minutes ago, FireRun said:

Nice to see Mayer back. Here's hoping he finishes all 10 disciplines. 

Agree somewhat, but not really. Yes, I’m hoping he finishes a full decathlon and doesn’t get injured again. But him competing at this event leaves a bit of a salty taste in my mind given the circumstances (how he got awarded a wildcard through the French Federation)