website statistics

Boxing IOC Olympic Qualifier 2 2024

Totallympics

49 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Tournament going pretty well so far for us with 10/13 wins

And two of them 2-3 losses. So yeah, the boxers have bounced back. Hope we get 3-4 quotas.

17 minutes ago, Illya said:

Learn some folklor at first, and then reply to me, moldovan joke 

Baba yaga suits you perfectly :) oops, i forgot you sold your brain for a bottle of vodka, so you can't possibly understand

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, avlar said:

Really? ;)

And I supported you there, ah...

image.png

I was trying to be funny then. Some got it.

I've always said that with this rubbish scoring system, the opportunity for "wrong" results is there. There's no question

However some fans claim every defeat for one of their favourites as a robbery. That simply isn't true.

And I find the complaining amusing

Edited by dodge

34 minutes ago, avlar said:

Here is video

https://www.facebook.com/taramari/videos/816989067015582

So you will be able to evaluate (interestingly, that comments to the video during livestream are in favour of blue corner) ))

No blanket statements, of course, but this bout was robbed, as for me. (edit. we lost 4 bouts today, but this one is not OK)

I would say - the best system was in 2008, when the scores were shown live during the rounds to everyone.

Thanks for sending on the link, was a good fight and a contrast of very different styles, Zakhariev very go forward and aggressive and Walsh the typical counter-puncher. Round 1 was very clearly for Zakhariev and I think Round 3 was clearly to Walsh, Round 2 was quite close I thought and could have went either way, with such a subjective scoring system it may come down to some judges having an inherent preference for certain styles of fighting. It was a close fight that could have went either way but in my opinion certainly not a robbery. Of course its hard for any of us to watch these fights in a truly non-biased way, myself included, as we definitely see more of our own fighters shots landing than the other way round, but I tried to watch as objectively as possible. Very disappointing for Zakhariev and the Ukraine team of course, there's so much at stake at these qualifiers, can make or break careers.

50 minutes ago, avlar said:

Here is video

https://www.facebook.com/taramari/videos/816989067015582

So you will be able to evaluate

Even a 5 year old kid watching the match would say who won.

Zakhariev won it fair and square in all 3 rounds. Walsh was just running around and getting the combination punches with one or two attacks or counters of his own. 1st two rounds were a total domination for the Ukrainian. I don't know what the judges were watching. The only undoing I fear was the point deduction for keeping head down for the Ukrainian in the first round. But even then Walsh did a grand total of NOTHING in that match to be declared winner. This is my perspective as a neutral.

29 minutes ago, dodge said:

I was trying to be funny then. Some got it.

I've always said that with this rubbish scoring system, the opportunity for "wrong" results is there. There's no question

However some fans claim every defeat for one of their favourites as a robbery. That simply isn't true.

And I find the complaining amusing

We got it, no problem ) I was trying to be funny too and created that screenshot of your complaining )

If I complain every time when our boxer lose website would require a new harddisk to save all that posts ))

It is not a problem to be funny when your boxer loses because he is just worse than the opponent, but when he was not worse it is another case.

46 minutes ago, sounak said:

And two of them 2-3 losses. So yeah, the boxers have bounced back. Hope we get 3-4 quotas.

Expectations were around the same but have slightly increased now. We had 5 good draws and all those boxers are still there. Boro has made it through 2 difficult matches so far. The one today was pretty ugly and close. Boro had dominated 1st, Kazakh was better in 2nd and 3rd was pretty even. I thought Volossenko had done enough but Boro escaped the point deduction and somehow few combination punches helped her. Hoping for 4-5 boxers to qualify now. 

22 minutes ago, duineeile said:

Thanks for sending on the link, was a good fight and a contrast of very different styles, Zakhariev very go forward and aggressive and Walsh the typical counter-puncher. Round 1 was very clearly for Zakhariev and I think Round 3 was clearly to Walsh, Round 2 was quite close I thought and could have went either way, with such a subjective scoring system it may come down to some judges having an inherent preference for certain styles of fighting. It was a close fight that could have went either way but in my opinion certainly not a robbery. Of course its hard for any of us to watch these fights in a truly non-biased way, myself included, as we definitely see more of our own fighters shots landing than the other way round, but I tried to watch as objectively as possible. Very disappointing for Zakhariev and the Ukraine team of course, there's so much at stake at these qualifiers, can make or break careers.

Thank you for watching video and writing this. I appreciate your evaluation and remark on styles. And of course, scoring system is awfull.

Of course we are biased, and you see close bout and I see clear robbery with Zakhareev.

@Fly_like_a_don as a neutral specatator says Zakhareev won all three rounds.

6 minutes ago, avlar said:

course we are biased, and you see close bout and I see clear robbery with Zakhareev.

Actually the problem here is when we watch a boxing match there is a high possibility we watch the opponent mostly because we are expecting a punch from our boxers on their face and are more likely to retain them in our minds and this camera angle didn't make it any easy. And boxing with its long standing judging issues becomes an easy blame. I was trying to be very neutral in watching one of our matches today against the Kazakh and I felt she didn't do enough in 2nd round but 4/5 judges still gave it in our favour. But with other 2 good rounds she won. So sometimes it's hard to say.

Also It would have been still nicer if the camera was closer. But still getting even few matches hasn't been easy till now. It's hard pill to swallow. Hopefully the remaining Ukrainian fighters make up for it.