website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Me. I want to see fast times :dunno:

I honestly don’t get your guys logic. We have good racing at pretty much every single World Championships and Olympics… and this time around the times are slow?

Edited by Josh

8 minutes ago, Dkats said:

I feel like only real swim nerds actually care about the times.

Ordinary viewers are just happy to see a good race 

But then that means you’re pretty much calling everyone here an ordinary viewer? :d

What a race for O'Callaghan :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I would prefer to have fast times *and* competitive races. But if I'm only going to get one, I'll choose races any day of the week.

However, if the issues with the pools are as true as people are claiming - and I'm not smart enough about the physics to doubt those saying that - my only worry is that the waves might be actually impacting the swimmers in certain lanes more. Which doesn't necessarily then give the best swimmer the best chance. It might be giving more 'limited' swimmers a better chance because of the luck of things like lane draws.

13 minutes ago, Dkats said:

I feel like only real swim nerds actually care about the times.

Ordinary viewers are just happy to see a good race 

Fans care about good races in the first place, ordinary viewer or not :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Everything is open to everyone. There are no "insiders" and "outsiders". If people from Ireland, for example, don't want to partake in ski-jumping and luge, that is their problem. Why should the countries, that do compete in these sports be blamed, that others don't.    Also, there are 25 out of 35 sports at the SOG, that could be played anytime in the year. By this logic there shouldn't be any "summer" or "winter" OG. You should just call it the February Olympic Games and the July Olympic Games, or Part 1 and Part 2, if they are not going to be distinguished.   It will never cease to a amaze me, how much it bothers people from particular regions, that Winter Olympics exist. If they were called the Winter Sports Games, probably no one will bath an eye, but because it has the word "Olympics", it tears their soul, that there are OG for sports they don't watch, care, like or participate in, even though it's their own fault.     But the sad truth is that in 20 years (or sooner, because glimpses are starting to appear) they would transfer 10 indoor sports, because the Winter Games need to be more "marketable and inclusive" and not because the never ending pure greed for money. 
    • I think this came up before, but for me, any sport should only be in the winter olympics if it doesn’t have summer alternative with the same skillset. Realistically you don’t want any athletes doubling up between winter and summer.
    • Well I’d hope so. Otherwise I’d be unsure of how he’d be able to between the two a couple of weeks after the Olympics 
    • Agreed. Winter sports can include sports played at winter like cross country and cyclocross
    • Had to make it sound dramatic as possible  (just kidding, maybe I should’ve worded it better…)
    • Handball has their World Championships in December/January while men's ice hockey is in May, schedules can be weird
    • Counted it by myself, was hoping that someone out there is compiling something since the FIS probably won't until next season. 
    • The last world curling championship was held in April. The last mixed championship was held in October    But they’re “winter” sports 
    • How much does it cost to row in the Netherlands? You can become a recreational rower at my local club in the UK for £16 per month (£192 pa) which would not seem to exclude all but a "super low number" of people from being able to afford the cost of participation. Indeed there are always people to be seen out on the River Soar rowing for much of the year.   P.S. If you haven't rowed before you can do an eight week training course for £40.
    • The most successful male alpine skiier Ingemar Stenmark today finished only 15cm from a medal at the World Masters Championship in pole vault for men 65+ (3.00m)