website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Me. I want to see fast times :dunno:

I honestly don’t get your guys logic. We have good racing at pretty much every single World Championships and Olympics… and this time around the times are slow?

Edited by Josh

8 minutes ago, Dkats said:

I feel like only real swim nerds actually care about the times.

Ordinary viewers are just happy to see a good race 

But then that means you’re pretty much calling everyone here an ordinary viewer? :d

What a race for O'Callaghan :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I would prefer to have fast times *and* competitive races. But if I'm only going to get one, I'll choose races any day of the week.

However, if the issues with the pools are as true as people are claiming - and I'm not smart enough about the physics to doubt those saying that - my only worry is that the waves might be actually impacting the swimmers in certain lanes more. Which doesn't necessarily then give the best swimmer the best chance. It might be giving more 'limited' swimmers a better chance because of the luck of things like lane draws.

13 minutes ago, Dkats said:

I feel like only real swim nerds actually care about the times.

Ordinary viewers are just happy to see a good race 

Fans care about good races in the first place, ordinary viewer or not :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!