website statistics

Badminton at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

:GUAKevin Cordon, :INDLakshya Sen's Group L opponent, has withdrawn from Paris 2024    due to an elbow injury.  

Sen's win from yesterday has been cancelled out and won't be counted in group standings.  He now needs to win both his remaining matches. 

39 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

:GUAKevin Cordon, :INDLakshya Sen's Group L opponent, has withdrawn from Paris 2024    due to an elbow injury.  

Sen's win from yesterday has been cancelled out and won't be counted in group standings.  He now needs to win both his remaining matches. 

Bad and unfair for :IND Lakshya Sen as he had to exhaust energy for his hard fought win against Kevin Cordon. And the others in the group play a match less 

Last Olympic winners :TPE Wang Chi Lin/ Lee Yang after being not really good in the circuit for the last 3 years win against 2021 World Champions :JPNHoki/Kobayashi and no 2 seeds :DEN Kim/Anders in consecutive matches in the group of death. 

Talk about peaking at the right moment!!

Unfortunately, Opti is injured and leaves the stadium in a wheelchair. It is very sad to win like this after that Toti dominating the first set, but it is still the first victory for Italian badminton at the Olympics.

14 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Unfortunately, Opti is injured and leaves the stadium in a wheelchair. It is very sad to win like this after that Toti dominating the first set, but it is still the first victory for Italian badminton at the Olympics.

Man, Opti is very unlucky: unable to play in Tokyo due to COVID and now got injured.

Hope he recovers soon

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

:FRA supporters singing La Marsellaise and never-ending cheering really destroyed :INA mentally. Last of the group despite winning against higher ranked :KOR in the first match

I was at the badminton yesterday and have to say it was my least favourite viewing experience so far. It was very distracting and hard to follow what was going on at times. 

29 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I was at the badminton yesterday and have to say it was my least favourite viewing experience so far. It was very distracting and hard to follow what was going on at times. 

Same here.

Yesterday there were 3 :IND vs :FRA matches .

Tennis men's singles, Tennis men's doubles and table tennis men's singles.

Rowdy French crowd played significant role in the results of the match.we are not impressed.

Today also we have a Women's singles table tennis match scheduled against :FRA

Edited by tirtha22

3 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

@Griff88 Do you know when will draw lots for mixed double knockout stage? By computer or by hand? Chinese fans are worried about it after Huang/Feng lost to Chen/Toh.

https://olympics.bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2024/07/29/olympic-games-paris-2024-doubles-knockout-draws/

Does not say anything. But since no mention about live streaming. I would think computer will draw the lots

Edited by sounak