website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

To think Wanyonyi almost would not have made it here. At the Kenyan trials he had forgotten his bib before the semis and had to run (!) back to his hotel, 800m or so (luckily not that far). Ran back, started his semi easy to not go crazy, but because of that he ended up in a mess and fell....but got back up and was just in time to qualify for the final which he then easily won :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tobi Amusan likely to be out.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

I think they had finals in the morning sessions in Rio and some other championships too?

another thing, how can they schedule the 4x400m for women the same day as the individual final?

They should always mix them up between morning and evening sessions like they did for Tokyo so all timezones can see some live finals action. The East Asian/Oceanian timezones mustn't have been deemed important enough to do it this time. 💩

1 hour ago, Josh said:

44.23 opening split for :BOT Tebogo, and he eased up at the end :hyper:

Hope a future schedule will allow him to do the 200/400 double because he has more potential the 400 than the 100 but not being from an influential country means it'll probably never happen.

41 minutes ago, Noorderling29 said:

In Melbourne 2032 we will see finals in the morning sessions. Both in Beijing and Tokyo swimming finals were in the morning. American TV audience?

*Brisbane 2032. Of course there'll be finals in the morning sessions in 2032. Finals only get shared between both sessions when it benefits Europe and/or North America. 

Tebogo: "I can't be the face of athletics, because I'm not loud and arrogant like Noah."

Lyles: "I want to congratulate Tebogo and Bednarek on an amazing 200m final."

Come on Tebogo, don't pull that shit, I want to keep liking you :p 

I liked this by Lyles:

Spoiler

Whether you were rooting for me or against me, you have to admit you watched, didn’t you? 😉

Gonna be asking my colleague whether he watched, after my vacation :p 

Edited by heywoodu