website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

Zanni is the first out of the qualifying positions, as :INA have 2 in the top 2 (and only 1 man per class can go to the Games) :evil:

why didn't you consider :BUL in the previous post? 

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

Zanni is the first out of the qualifying positions, as :INA have 2 in the top 2 (and only 1 man per class can go to the Games) :evil:

he will surely get a reallocation (as :CHN will not select this class), but frankly he doesn't deserve that luck

for instance, I don't know why they didn't try to make Reyes go down to 73kg or let Ficco go up to 102...it would have been a much more logical choice than the sh*t they did through those 2 years :bones:

No, Zanni Is not the First under the line, you are missing Andreev from Bulgaria that Is competing in 81 here, so he wont go to Paris unless some doping violation

Just now, Andry84 said:

No, Zanni Is not the First under the line, you are missing Andreev from Bulgaria that Is competing in 81 here, so he wont go to Paris unless some doping violation

Fixed

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, phelps said:

he will surely get a reallocation (as :CHN will not select this class), but frankly he doesn't deserve that luck

for instance, I don't know why they didn't try to make Reyes go down to 73kg or let Ficco go up to 102...it would have been a much more logical choice than the sh*t they did through those 2 years :bones:

All on Italian team is doing terrible this year. At the European Championships and now at the World Cup, no Italian athlete broke his personal record and this should be expected of them. Competitors from other countries fight here and break personal records. I can see their ambition but what does Zanni do? He fails any test, he doesn't even start a fight. Unless he is injured but then he should not start and this should be communicated.

Edited by copravolley

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pasolini said:

So, please walk me through the French case. They currently have one athlete in the 59kg and Fegue who now would qualify both in 71kg and 81kg.

2 French participated in 59kg, Vicky Graillot is slotted for 71kg and  Fegue is going to compete in 76kg.

First of all, Fegue has to choose, right? I guess she would go to 81kg so Vicky Graillot can be selected on 71kg, along someone from 59kg. 

If my thinking proves correct, then French would use HC from 59kg and 71kg and Universality would go to 49kg, 81kg and +81kg?

by the way, the universality slots would go to the eligible athletes with higher ranking or not necessariy?

In 59 France Is qualified,they Will use only in 71 if Fegue Will choose 81

Edited by Andry84

1 minute ago, Andry84 said:

In 59 France Is qualified,they Will use only in 71 if Fegue Will choose 81

If I good understand that universal places are intended for exotic countries? There is no chance that, for example, Zanni would get such a place in his category?

2 minutes ago, copravolley said:

All on Italian team is doing terrible this year. At the European Championships and now at the World Cup, no Italian athlete broke his personal record and this should be expected of them. Competitors from other countries fight here and break personal records. I can see their ambition but what does Zanni do? He fails any test, he doesn't even start a fight. Unless he is injured but then he should not start and this should be communicated.

as I wrote before, the capital mistake is not having a plan B (C, D etc.)

first, they should have had some kind of internal competition when possible (and the -73kg is the perfect case, with Reyes that should have been moved down to push himself and Zanni) and then try to qualify more weights (again, Ficco in the 102kg is the first that comes to my mind)

same for the girls, especially knowing how mentally fragile they are...gotta put them under pressure and see who deserves to go on the international stage

Just now, copravolley said:

If I good understand that universal places are intended for exotic countries? There is no chance that, for example, Zanni would get such a place in his category?

No chance for any italian in any sports to have universality quotas

In weightlifting there is always chance for reallocation. Anybody ranks 11 to 13 or even 14 and 15 still has a realistic chance

Beside the obvious reason (doping) injuries also happen alot in this sport